Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need advise on this one >

need advise on this one

need advise on this one

Old 04-26-2018, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by sewverybusy1 View Post
I used to have dh enlarge/copy all my patterns when he worked for big name image companies. Now I use blueprint shops or most often- staples or office depot/max. Have never had them refuse to do that for me. Didn't matter if there was a size change or not. I prefer to keep my originals intact in case I want to do the pattern again in future. Considering that some patterns are over $50. (pretty pricy when you think about it) I won't take the chance of using the original only & then having a major mess up!!! Go to a different copy shop!!!!!
sewverybusy1
Staples here will not make copies or enlarge. I have to go to a print shop
Old 04-28-2018, 01:01 AM

I drew an Arkansas Razorback and enlarged it to do an embroidered whole-cloth quilt as a wedding gift several years ago. I took my drawing and had it enlarged at Staples -- no problem. Of course, the prime difference here is that it was a drawing that I drew (and it took me months to get it right since I was working full-time). I had a request from a member here a few years later and I took the drawing back to Staples and got another copy made to send to her. I've also taken surveys (certified copies) to the blueprint shop to have copies made -- no problem.