Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need assistance on quilt color choice >

need assistance on quilt color choice

need assistance on quilt color choice

Old 04-14-2023, 05:13 AM

Yes, would keep it from looking too busy and if you wanted to add a bit of gold, quilt it in gold thread or maybe add a thin sash of gold and then add a black border to tie it altogether. Most all my quilts end up with sashing and borders as I feel, to me at least, it frames the center/body of the quilt, plus keeps all those seams from coming apart.
Old 04-14-2023, 10:14 AM

Tough question! I had to do a google search for irish quilt images to see what color options are out there. Try as I did, I did not see anything with a gold background that kept the focus on the quilt blocks. The most focus for those beautiful squares you made would be white (classic Irish), or a super pale green or super dark green value. I've attached pictures including a cute one with orange (not gold -- sorry) to show off the Irish flag. An interesting idea was white with green polka dots....

Addendum: Maybe that first image (Irish lace) with its pale background can be considered a gold? I see it as pale green....
Attached Thumbnails irish-lace.jpg   mcalls-bom.jpg   orange-rona-ribbiter.jpg   scrapbox-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by ibex94; 04-14-2023 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-14-2023, 10:45 AM

How serious are you about this quilt? Is this just for St Patrick’s Day? Or a true Irish man?

I’m seeing rainbows. Pot of gold……

Google idea: pieced Celtic knot of light gold and 2 shades green.

Last edited by petthefabric; 04-14-2023 at 10:49 AM.