Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need challenges! >

Need challenges!

Need challenges!

Old 10-26-2017, 06:09 PM

What about trying some smaller projects that can be started and finished in a short time- that way you can see something finished quickly.....like placemats, coasters, mini quilts, bags etc. The list of smaller items is endless.

I hope your inspiration returns soon.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:32 PM

Yes, I’m in your same condition. I’ve considered it being burned out. I have 3 tops that need to be finished yet I’m working on 2 new ones. Hard to stay focused though. Nobody says we have to do something when we don’t feel like it. Give yourself a break.
If you haven’t tried FMQ yet, I suggest trying that. It’s so satisfying. I was tired of not knowing how so I pulled out a table runner that looked very plain. I was so thrilled with my new lesson that I worked my way through every runner I had.
Then if that doesn’t excite you, do a Bargello. Every step, including choosing fabrics, is challenging. I can get so involved in that that it’s hard to stop & go to bed. As for fabrics, I found it wasn’t nec. to stress us on placement because it always turns out nicely.
Maybe you should take a break.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:58 AM

Marionsquilts, maybe try a mosaic if you're looking for a challenge. Especially if you have a big stash. It's fun to create a picture out of little bits of fabric and see it emerge. Not sure, maybe you've done that before.

And, no, you're not the only one who puts things aside when you get bored with them. Sometimes I go through all these bags I find stuffed in the back of the closet and find something I actually want to work on again!

Watson

Last edited by Watson; 10-27-2017 at 04:01 AM.