Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need help with binding

Gorgeous quilt!! I would say dark blue for the binding.

Your quilt is beautiful and I love the colors you used. I would use cream binding. Wow, you're almost finished! :lol:

Beautiful quilt. I hope I get to that point someday. I have been working on a top that I have been hand appliqued and I feel like it is awful looking at everyones work (you gotta start somewhere tho my grandmother always said as long as you keep sewing you get better with each stitch) I am still stitching.lol My cross stitch work is pretty awsome but still got a longgg way to go with this quilting. I do not know enough to suggest anything but your quilt looks GREAT :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    I would go for a blending blue, even what you use for border. I think light binding would detract fromhe beauty of the inner quilt and your lovely work.

I vote for the cream!

If the quilt is going to be used and not shown, I would vote for a darker color, so it wouldn't show dirt as much. If you plan to show it, then the lighter color would make it pop more.

You say you have trouble with colors, but the colors you chose for the quilt are lovely. I think you did a great job!

As you can see, everyone has an opinion, and well, they are like belly buttons, every has one. But as good of a job as you did with the stars, I say trust yourself. You obviously have a better eye than you think.

Blog Entries
    I'd go with the darker blue because a lighter binding would take your eye away from the beautiful quilt. The edge of quilt is sometimes dragged on the floor and a darker fabric wouldn't show the dirt as much. It's really pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by motomom
    If the quilt is going to be used and not shown, I would vote for a darker color, so it wouldn't show dirt as much. If you plan to show it, then the lighter color would make it pop more.

You say you have trouble with colors, but the colors you chose for the quilt are lovely. I think you did a great job!

As you can see, everyone has an opinion, and well, they are like belly buttons, every has one. But as good of a job as you did with the stars, I say trust yourself. You obviously have a better eye than you think.
    I agree. Beautiful job!

It is such a beautiful quilt that I think the light cream would distract from the wonderful stars. I vote for the dark blue also.

Blog Entries
    Have you made a decision?

Yea, congrats! Beautifgul quilt and nice job done! I would go with the dark blue for a binding!

My Guild tells us to use a dark color. The thinking is that you can see where the quilt ends and the wall starts.
    I have followed this advice and am happier with it than the ones which I bound in a light color, before joining Guild and knowing what to do. I also think the darker color sets off the quilt better; wall hanging or bed quilt.
    Marta

The quilt is beautiful. I would go with the med or dk blue binding. So it doesn't take away from the center .

I used a cream with navy blue stars. The person I made for loved the quilt. Thank you all so much for your advice. I have learned so much in the last few weeks on this site.

I would go with the dark blue. Cream would take my vision away from the center.

I would use the light blue. I think it would look great by picking up the light blue in your quilt.

joy
    I would use the same coloured material as the last border...

I vote for the dark blue. I think the cream would take away from the lovely design of the stars. My 2 cents.

Blog Entries
    Food for thought - I don't use light color bindings, because they show wear and dirt quicker than medium or dark bindings. I usually try to match the last border - unless the binding is the final 'frame' for the quilt. Your quilt is beautiful!

Blog Entries
    I would use the darkest blue fabric for the binding. The cream will look great. It's all according to what look you want. :D

I think I would use the cream color. I love the quilt.

I love your quilt and I love blues. You did a fantastic job on it. I think you made the right choice if the person you made it for loved it.

Did you take a pic of it before you gave it away? Would love to see how it turned out.

Deb G

I agree...Cream would make it pop. Beautiful quilt...good luck :)

Beautiful quilt. Did you post a picture of it with the binding on?

Sorry I did not take a pic of it with the binding on it. I will ask the owner of the quilt to bring it so I can take a pic of it. I enjoy all of you so much. I lost my mother 4 yrs ago (she was only 53) to breast cancer and I have really missed having someone to ask questions to. She was so talanted at sewing and quilting. I really wish I would have spent more time with her when she was able to sew. So thank you all for your support and advice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast