Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Need help with binding

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    What would really be cool, but a WHOLE LOT more work :wink: , would be a pieced binding like the pieced border! :D
    I haven't read the whole thread yet, but while the thought is still with me :lol:, I'll share what one quilt's directions had me to do for a pieced border. Use strips WOF) in all the fabrics of the series as used in the quilt. Sew them together to form a piece of fabric (say, 12 or 18 inches wide). When that piece of fabric is formed, slice it in strips the width desired and piece the ends until the desired length is reached. Is that clear as mud?

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    What would really be cool, but a WHOLE LOT more work :wink: , would be a pieced binding like the pieced border! :D
    I haven't read the whole thread yet, but while the thought is still with me :lol:, I'll share what one quilt's directions had me to do for a pieced border. Use strips WOF) in all the fabrics of the series as used in the quilt. Sew them together to form a piece of fabric (say, 12 or 18 inches wide). When that piece of fabric is formed, slice it in strips the width desired and piece the ends until the desired length is reached. Is that clear as mud?
    Clear as a bell, Gail - I love pieced bindings and this is a great idea!

K x

How did you quilt it? Very good job

stay with the border color it is beautiful and you dont want to chop it up you have enough color

There's alot going on already with the colors and pattern and a plain dark blue border would really keep the focus on the top of the quilt and keep it from looking to "busy".

What I do is put the quilt on the bed and leave it there for a couple days. Every time I walk by the room I look at it to see how it looks, as it is, and it gives me an idea of what I think I should use for a border. Sometimes looking at it from a distance helps. Atleast it does for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3