Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help identifying this quilt frame >

Need help identifying this quilt frame

Need help identifying this quilt frame

Old 06-20-2009, 10:37 AM

Hello Maryann. How nice that someone donated the frame to your group. The manufacturer really doesn't matter, as all hand quilting floor frames load pretty much the same way. The double poles go in the back, as is evidenced by the way it tilts, with the single pole dropping down to a comfortable angle for quilting. Here are downloadable instructions for loading my Hinterberg. They should work just as well for your new frame. Enjoy! http://www.hinterberg.com/Download/H...ng%20quilt.pdf
Old 06-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

It could be a homemade one. They were around long before the manufactorers began making them. It is a nice frame, and you are very luck to have it. It is possible the name of it is underneath the leaders.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:30 PM

Aw. thank you so much all you interested and lovelyl people. Ghostrider , I printed out that link and that looks like just what is needed. It looks like it might be very helpful. Thankis again all. Now lets see what we can accomplish. We quilt the old fashioned way, with sawhorses and 2 by fours with the quilt attached and held in place with C clamps. Works fine but does take up a whole lot of room. on the other hand, eight quilters can work on the entire quilt at once. Thanks again

Maryann
Old 06-20-2009, 02:51 PM

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I have searched the entire thing, front side backside and upside down, and there is no indication of anyone who may have made this frame. I figured if I knew the manufacturer, I could ask them for instructions on how to load it.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

You pin your backing to the one in the middle first and thenjpin it to the one in the front, then you roll it all up on the one in the middle.Then yo place the batting on the frame, pinning it to the front, rolling the backing and the batting onto the front, then you pin it to the backing edge on the middle pole. I always leave about 6 inches more that the length of the quilt and at least 2 in on the sides. then,, you roll it all up on the middle pole, using the gears to make sure it is straight and tight! Then you pin the top to the last pole on the back, making sure that it is pined straight across. Then you roll all of the top on to the back pole. Then you bring the top across and pin it to the front.by now you should have all of them pined in order to the front. Now tighten the back pole and your quilt should be sandwiched and tight! I use flat head quilting pins to do all of my pinning, so that it lays flat.

I don't know if this makes any sense, I hope so. I can put a quilt in mine in about 20 minutes all by myself. And the nice thing about your new frame is that you can turn it my yourself real fast!!! Since you are using an old method, you can have 2 quilts going . You can have 3 or 4 quilting on the new frame at the same time! If you have any trouble pm me and I will be glad to help.

Ninnie