Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need help with pattern >

need help with pattern

need help with pattern

Old 12-12-2011, 07:38 AM

I don't have any advise, but I wanted to say your quilt is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt.
Sue
Old 12-13-2011, 04:00 AM

I would just use the green and dark purple as they are the main color around the center star. I would use a 2 1/2 and 4 inch border. Your quilt is beautiful. Good luck on whatever you decide to do
Old 12-13-2011, 07:28 AM

Without taking nearly as much time to think about it as I'm sure you have...I'm seeing that dominate green and dark purple border around the middle of the quilt...I think it would be good to echo that around the outside of that center pieced part (which would be the borders that will be on top of the bed). Use the green closest to the quilt and the dk. purple on the outside. Then, between your corner blocks, come up with a pleasing layout of a couple of borders, maybe even a little piecing included in them, and then finish again with that dk. purple either as a border going all around the quilt including around those corner blocks or as the binding. I think any of the piecing in the border needs to be elongated shapes kind of like the long triangles/diamonds in the main part of the quilt. (Seminole patchwork and piano-key borders came to mind, but then I thought, that's way too square for all those long triangular pieces.) If this doesn't make sense, send me a private message.

Just my ideas, hope it helps get the creative juices going again. Your quilt is absolutely stunning. I love the colors and the detailed piecing. I've been quilting for years, but haven't attempted that style yet. I'm sure you'll come up with a beautiful finish. Please show us pictures of the finished product.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 AM

Beautiful quilt. Please post a pic when finished, so we know how you did it. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:02 AM

Beautiful job, love the colors. Try moving your border colors around, start with your dark purple as your first border, might make it pop more.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:41 AM

Beautiful! What is the pattern?
Old 12-13-2011, 12:53 PM

I don't see the problem that you might be seeing - I love what you've done so far and I love what you're planning to do - move forward with your idea and please be sure to post a photo of the finished quilt. I understand your quandry, though, and very well = sometimes I can't always hear clearly where my quilt wants me to go with it.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:39 PM

Your quilt is so beautiful. Please show us some pics when you have competed it. Good luck.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:15 PM

I just love what you are doing with your quilt -
Old 12-13-2011, 06:09 PM

Absolutely gorgeous quilt! I so love your color choices, all of my favorites.