Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need help with pattern >

need help with pattern

need help with pattern

Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 PM

Actually in this case, I think the fairies need to face the same as the other ones. I think the plain stripes are too plain too.
But it doesn't look like you need near as many as you have laid out. Could you go with (From right to left as pictured) lavender, green, white then the dark purple? Maybe stripe so far then add a medallion in the center of the stripe using the green and pink/peach and light blue or something? Maybe even do a white border next - as wide as the fairy corners (that will leave a nice space for nice quilting designs. Then come back with some more styled like the middle. I'm at the same spot on one of mine. I have black, white and bright going on in this one. The large center is done but I have the corners made up already. I've finally decided to just add a wide white strip there where special quilting can be done and add my corners there, then I'll come back with the black, white and brights again before calling it done. Hope that helps.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:28 PM

Your quilt is awesome. I think it will look beautiful with the pattern placement on the top of the bed and the different color borders dropping down over the edge. I hope you post pictures of the finished quilt as I would love to see it.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM

love it...can't wait to see it finished...
Old 12-14-2011, 07:38 AM

your work and the batics are so pretty, and you are right, too much border.
what's the name of your pattern? that might give you an idea for pieced border patterns
or how about this --- put a narrow border of dark purple and green around this finished section. then turn the whole thing on point. make large triangles of the small corner square blocks (or another section of the pattern or a relative pattern) to square off. you can then add a border(s) and the small corner blocks.
please, post pics when you finish.

Last edited by janjer; 12-14-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:24 PM

That is going to be a gorgeous quilt. Who is the lucky recipient?
Old 12-14-2011, 04:44 PM

Absolutly stunning! I am sure you will find a perfect finish for it. And since you are so close I would even drive to visit and pick it up. You won't even have to pay shipping. I guess I will have to try to do one of my own some day.