Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Help for Quilt Idea >

Need Help for Quilt Idea

Need Help for Quilt Idea

Old 11-09-2010, 05:47 AM

Too Much Work. Just use as quilt top as is and quilt along each line. Dimension, Dimenson, Dimension.

Originally Posted by Maride
You have many options. If you just add a border to it, no matter which side you look from, the quilt is always straight. I vote for that. On another idea, if you cut each block and add a border to make them all the sale size, your borders will not be all the same size, but if you cut them again a little smaller but arranged in different angles, it wouldn't matter. You can then make them all face the same direction. Was that one as clear as mud?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:51 AM

think I also would use for the quilt back as one whole piece, and use something different for the quilt top that co-ordinates with this fabric
Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 AM

I think it depends if you are just wanting to make a quick quilt, & leave it as it is, or fussy cut & jazz it up a bit! Either would work out nicely, just a matter of personal choice. Me, I like to play, so I would cut them up & have fun creating something! Show us what you end up doing later, okay, & have fun, whichever way you choose!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:08 AM

You could make a quilt of neutral background blocks larger than the squares in your fabric, fussy cut the blocks of animals and then applique them at tilted angles on the front of the blocks.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:46 AM

Leave it together with borders. It does not matter that they are not all going the same way. It will be unique
Old 11-09-2010, 07:47 AM

Wow, such great ideas. My head is spinning. I would like to keep a large panel for the front and then put borders around that. I think I will use the leftovers and applique some of the animals and birds on them. You all have such great ideas. Much more than I could think of. Thank you so much.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

I think it is beautiful fabric just as it is. I would probably use it for the quilt's back, so I didn't have to cut it up, and do patchwork on the front, maybe using just a few of the squares from the back.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:59 AM

Here is a quilt where I used whole cloth and then then did patch work top and bottom, added a border with fussy cut corner blocks. This is made of flannel and given to my grandson when he turned 16. this is not my pattern and I cannot tell you who's it is off the top of my head. If anyone wants the name I will search my pattern box for it.

Dani

A Walk in the Woods Throw Size
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122369[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122362.jpe   attachment-122364.jpe  
Old 11-09-2010, 09:11 AM

I would leave it intact - way too pretty to cut up!!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dani
Here is a quilt where I used whole cloth and then then did patch work top and bottom, added a border with fussy cut corner blocks. This is made of flannel and given to my grandson when he turned 16. this is not my pattern and I cannot tell you who's it is off the top of my head. If anyone wants the name I will search my pattern box for it.

Dani
Beautiful quilt. I have given some thought to doing something like this, but I think I will leave the fabric intac t, make a center panel then put on borders. Thanks for your picture.