Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Ideas for Quick Christmas Gifts >

Need Ideas for Quick Christmas Gifts

Need Ideas for Quick Christmas Gifts

Old 12-21-2011, 01:01 AM

Here is a fast easy gift....bath salt...takes 2 mintes to make. Put some fabric on the cap of your jar and a ribbon...done.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by northern lass View Post
How about making some book covers. They are relatively easy and can be made with fabric from your stash.
How do you know what size to make?
Old 12-24-2011, 06:51 AM

I just made some Bath Salt. I was able to buy some containers for 1.99 at Michael's and then for 4.00 a bag of lavender epsom salt - mix 1/2 epsom salt and 1/2 baking soda. You can also use canning jars and put a piece of fabric around the jar.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:17 AM

Default Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Hoping all your projects are done, that you have time to catch your breath and rest in the reason for this season!

God bless you,
Old 12-24-2011, 05:24 PM

I'm glad it's Christmas Eve! I finished sewing the last project (for a gift) --a cuddle scarf--at 9am this morning! Next year I vow NOT to make quilting projects for gifts. I've made too many projects for gifts the past couple years and it becomes almost stressful to get it all done--especially when I still have two teenagers in the house, I work full time outside of the home, and I do long arm quilting for customers! So I told my husband that if I mention making projects for Xmas gifts for people next year, to knock some sense into me!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:40 PM

I'm thinking I don't understand what you mean by water fabric. Sorry, I know it's a dumb question, but I'm intrigued.

Originally Posted by karen924 View Post
This is the coolest presentation for a fat quarter ever!
Thank you!

UOTE=Tartan;4783406]What quilter doesn't like fabric? Do the fat quarter in a plastic bottle trick. You take a plastic water bottle and carefully remove the paper label and set it aside. Punch a small slit with an exacto knife under where the label goes and let the water drain out. Finish cutting the water bottle in half along the puncture line. Dry out the two halves and let sit a bit untill fully dry. Fold up a fat quarter of water fabric and put it into the water bottle. Put the top half of the water bottle back together and seal the slit with strong tape. Carefully place the original label back on the bottle and glue it along the seam. They will wonder how you got it in there with the water bottle seal still intact and they have a great piece of fabric to add to their stash.
[/QUOTE]
Old 01-19-2012, 04:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
I'm thinking I don't understand what you mean by water fabric. Sorry, I know it's a dumb question, but I'm intrigued.
[/QUOTE]

.............. that'd be fabric, that looks like water!