Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Input for questions on Secret Pal Swap >

Need Input for questions on Secret Pal Swap

Need Input for questions on Secret Pal Swap

Old 08-22-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by QJ1
What in the world is this picture of??????????/ Its awful
QJ1
Dear QJ1, I know this is your first message but to refer to a particular thing you need to hit "quote reply" like I did to yours. Otherwise, we have no idea what you're talking about....and welcome to the board!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by grandme26
It would be nice to know about children or grandchildren and boy or girl and age.. Lots of kid friendly things out there
I'd like to know that as well. I love buying for children but wouldn't know the gender or age. All of the questions posted so far are good!
Old 08-22-2011, 04:02 PM

ann you can copy and paste the list to Word and save for yourself. each month you participate you would make any needed changes/updates and just copy it from Word into a pm and send to lori.

Originally Posted by annt59
I need help with making out my list. Is there a way to make Lori's list come up that I can just put in the answers?
Old 08-22-2011, 04:04 PM

Lori

You do a great job and everyone has done a good job of giving ideas, like the pets likes and dislikes , allergies to things like candles never thought about that her on this Secret Pal group... Teas coffees, both come in small packages..

Great Ideas everyone....
Old 08-22-2011, 04:11 PM

I am not allowed to send Teas and coffees, they won't allow it from Australia, i hav had to whip them out of my packages when i have been at the post office. Rather annoying, cause it is on the spot and then nothing to replace it. Not that i do that anymore, i replace it with Coffee chocolate now. :0)
Old 08-22-2011, 04:27 PM

yes it is all sorts of laws regarding mailing some "food" items out of the country but you seem to have found a suitable substitute. :D

Originally Posted by pennyj123
I am not allowed to send Teas and coffees, they won't allow it from Australia, i hav had to whip them out of my packages when i have been at the post office. Rather annoying, cause it is on the spot and then nothing to replace it. Not that i do that anymore, i replace it with Coffee chocolate now. :0)
Old 08-22-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by grumpy90650
lori...you are the best hostess!! always trying to make life easier for us swappers!!! i would like to point out that (and i know i do it sometimes) that it may be hard for a person to say "i would like this, or that" coz they may feel greedy....i want it to be very easy and fun for my sp to get my package ready....so i just say "whatever you pick is fine" come to realize that this attitude makes it much harder for my sp to get my package ready!! i think if we all just really get specific and write a lot about us, and the things we need, want, wish for, etc, it makes it easier.....and after all that is said, i like the idea of more specific questions, like reading, what kind of books, old mags, what level of sewer are you etc.....all good things to make it easier for everyone...!! gina
This pretty much expresses my own feelings! It seems greedy to me to make a long list of "things I like", but I can see it is very helpful and I like to know all I can about a swap partner! So...I can tell all... and it might be a long list!! :mrgreen:
Old 08-22-2011, 05:00 PM

The new sign up is up now and we will see how these questions work out.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:34 PM

Please answer the new questions when you sign up, thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 06:01 PM
QJ1

Lori
Sorry, it is a dog. I couldn't see it good, the lightinn wasn' good at all. I am so sorry that I even questioned it.
QJ1