Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Long Arm quilting ideas - It's not talking to me! >

Need Long Arm quilting ideas - It's not talking to me!

Need Long Arm quilting ideas - It's not talking to me!

Old 06-27-2013, 01:41 PM
JLD

Thanks everyone - Lots of great ideas and some that were along the lines of what I was toying with. I appreciate all the great ideas!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:50 PM

I think it would be best to follow the patterns you have there. Make circles within the circles by going inside maybe every 1/2 inch. Lots of circles or overlap various size circles in the middle. For the outside points of the stars I would echo those also. Maybe again every 1/2 inch. I don't do long arm but use my home machine to quilt all my quilts.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:51 PM

I think it would be best to follow the patterns you have there. Make circles within the circles by going inside maybe every 1/2 inch. Lots of circles or overlap various size circles in the middle. For the outside points of the stars I would echo those also. Maybe again every 1/2 inch. I don't do long arm but use my home machine to quilt all my quilts.Pops I'm just now looking at the date. I guess you have quilted already!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:20 PM

I love how happy your quilt looks. You have put a lot of work into the piecing. It is a busy quilt and I would not put intricate quilting on it.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:53 AM

No idea here because I too am not a long armer, but please show us when it is done. It is a very happy, bright quilt.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:52 PM

I like Tartan's idea. #9. Good luck. It's a very bright and cheery quilt. I like it alot.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:25 PM

Check out the Kerrville Quilt guild photos on Sue Garman's website. http://suegarman.blogspot.com/
Make sure you can come in close some of the details of the quilting is pretty amazing.
One quilting class I had showed how different lines create a peaceful look--horizontal lines-where diagonal lines tend to be more exciting. I think the centers, I would think about horizontal lines, separate to each quadrant. The points maybe a flame type stitch. The outside quadrant circles you could do like the center, or make them like sun rays coming from the center with a s like curve. The outer areas of the points you could do echo stitching, with some type of meander on the outside negative areas. Personally I think it is easier to try to figure out each area, then to just say, make a flame meander throughout.
Try taking a piece of vinyl that you might put over something--it is sold at fabric stores, or even a clear piece of overhead projector sheet and using a vis a vis marker mark how you might do the quilting. If you like it keep it until you quilt it, as a reminder, otherwise windex it off and on to the next idea.

Last edited by Pepita; 06-29-2013 at 07:28 PM.