Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need new ruler >

Need new ruler

Need new ruler

Old 03-20-2012, 03:57 AM

I agree the Steady Betty suff is great. Highly recommend it.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:04 AM

I put little round pieces of sandpaper that I punch out of sandpaper with adhesive backing. Cheap and works great.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:39 AM

I use those clear dots that are suppose to make the ruler not slide. I like the idea of the hot glue.
I do find that alot of the slipping has to do with the height of the table you are working at. If I work at my counter (I am short) than I still have alot of slippage. If I use a dining room table where I am higher, I have more control over the ruler.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by mgoblue View Post
My ruler is sliding around & driving me crazy. I really need a new "sticky" type ruler! 24" x 6". I saw the Guidelines for quilting rulers but it seems like a stretch...too good to be true. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance...
Paula
I bought some little circular "sticky" things that I stuck on the bottom of my rulers & they do not slide. They grip like crazy & were not expensive. I think I bought them from Connecting Threads. I don't have the pkg wrap so I am not sure what they were called. They look like reinforcements (like you put on 3 ring paper) only opaque rubbery stuff & work like magic.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cuttingedge View Post
Have a look at Clear Grip - I have it on all of my rulers

http://www.aussiepatches.com.au/cont...enthousand.seo
Have this on all my rulers and love it! It does make a difference!~
Old 03-20-2012, 05:41 AM

I bought the invisi-grip for mine
Old 03-20-2012, 05:59 AM

i was resently working on a finished 1 inch block it was so small it kept moving. I had some double sided tape i use to post a pattern near my work space, so i tried it on the back of the ruler. It was great , it didn't add any size to the piece i cut. Also cheap and handy. I have used the dots on the rulers but they need to be balanced so they don't wobble when cutting. yes i have the invisible stuff too it got a wrinkle on the placstic. I'll stick with my new found tape.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:16 AM

The new Creative Grids rulers are absolutely fantastic!!! Much better then the old ones!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 AM

I solved that little problem yesterday. I had purchased the little sandpaper stickies to put on the bottom of some new templates. Then discovered I could not find them. Aaargh, the new ones were to replace the first ones I could not find . So I put my brain to work. I cut four little square pieces of laminate floor underlayment and using small dots of tacky glue, glued them to the back of the 3 1/5 inch template I wanted to use. I made sure that the little piece of underlayment did not cover any numbers. IT WORKED! FYI, the underlayment fabric is the same stuff that Martelli uses on the back of their templates. Also when using the template the underlayment fabric compresses so the template does not wobble. Lesson learned, never throw anything away after a project.

Last edited by Caroline S; 03-20-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:22 AM

At your local pharmacy: NexCare Flexible Clear tape, in the bandage section. Just put a strip or two on the backs of your rulers and they grip great! The surface is just rough enough to give good traction.