Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need opinions about fabric quality from Connecting Threads >

Need opinions about fabric quality from Connecting Threads

Need opinions about fabric quality from Connecting Threads

Old 05-03-2011, 07:19 AM

I have had mixed results. I bought several pieces of fabric that were on sale. Some of it was great, but other pieces were very thin - like much of the Walmart fabric. I will probably order from them again, but will check the prices to see if I can get better quality fabrics.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:41 AM

I have used a lot of connecting threads fabric. I did have a disappointing experience recently. For the first time I used a pounce pad to mark my quilting. I know, I know, you are supposed to do a test run and make sure it will wash out, right? Well, I didn't and it didn't :( So, I ended up washing the quilt at least 3 times. The fabric developed those nasty peely-balls. I was so disappointed! I did not think that 100% cotton would do that. My batting was 100% cotton too.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:45 AM

I've always been very satisfied with their fabrics and thread, and prices can't be beat unless on sale somewhere. A big plus with me is that they are manufactured in U.S., which means more jobs in our own country.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by bookfare
I've always been very satisfied with their fabrics and thread, and prices can't be beat unless on sale somewhere. A big plus with me is that they are manufactured in U.S., which means more jobs in our own country.
That used to be true. If you check their site, they now outsource much of the manufacturing to Java. They're following the same business model as many fabric manufacturers. It used to be also that they used USA grown cotton, but I can't find that on their site anymore either!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:54 AM

Spend the extra money and get a better quality fabric. I love CT for many reason but I have been severely underwhelmed by the quality of their fabric. That old axiom that 'you get what you pay for' really applies here. Some people might describe it as "silky" but it felt flimsy to me.

Have you seen this collection
Can be found at htt:www.happyapplequilts.com
I have ordered from them and fabrics are great.
I`m in love with this collection.
27 in the collection
Gale
Attached Thumbnails attachment-192329.png   attachment-192330.png  

I have ordered fabric, books and thread from them quit a bit and their fabrics are nice. Some of them actually remind me of Thimbleberrie.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:55 AM

I have ordered a lot of fabric from them. Their fabrics are soft and smooth, and good weight. They do manufacture their own fabrics, and the cotton they use is grown in the USA. Add to that their very good prices...it's a no-brainer for me. They are the first place I go when I am looking for batiks especially, and also their regular fabrics. They have a good range of colors and patterns.

I give them an A+++ :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-03-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
I have ordered a lot of fabric from them. Their fabrics are soft and smooth, and good weight. They do manufacture their own fabrics, and the cotton they use is grown in the USA. Add to that their very good prices...it's a no-brainer for me. They are the first place I go when I am looking for batiks especially, and also their regular fabrics. They have a good range of colors and patterns.

I give them an A+++ :thumbup: :thumbup:

Please link to where it says they are using USA grown cotton and the fabric is made in the USA.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:58 AM

I bought two batiks from them. Washed and put side by side with LQS batik. I could not feel a difference in the "hand." I haven't used them in a quilt so don't know how they perform! :-)