Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need opinions about fabric quality from Connecting Threads >

Need opinions about fabric quality from Connecting Threads

Need opinions about fabric quality from Connecting Threads

Old 05-03-2011, 08:24 AM

I have ordered from them and found that the quality is between LQS and Joanns' low end fabric. I have heard that their return policy
is good but you might check with them first.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:29 AM

I ordered a kit and made it up, I thought the fabric was very stringy and did not like it.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by grma33
Have you seen this collection
Can be found at htt:www.happyapplequilts.com
I have ordered from them and fabrics are great.
I`m in love with this collection.
27 in the collection
Gale
Thank you Gale!
I so appreciate you taking the time to post those pics of the fabric colors. They are beautiful! The unfortunate thing is, the young lady I am making this quilt for is into VERY PLAIN and non-bold fabrics. She likes fabrics that are very sedate looking where the pattern is almost not too visible. She is very into simple things that are not "loud" shall we say? And I found a black tone on tone with tiny cirliques on it and then a wine colored fabric with small swirlys on it. Both of the fabrics are very mild patterns that are fairly small. Then I found at Beverlys.com a gorgeous grey/silver looking cotton fabric that has swirly vines with teeny tiny leaves on it. I think those three fabrics would look perfect together.But I think I will check out the collection you mentioned for myself. I have wanted to make a quilt for myself and LOVE the two fabrics together!! So, while it won't work for the bride to be . . . It would be wonderful for me! Thanks for your help!!

I think the fabric is great! I've had no problems with any of their fabrics and have ordered several kits. Love CT.

I think the fabric is great! I've had no problems with any of their fabrics and have ordered several kits. Love CT.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by jljack
I have ordered a lot of fabric from them. Their fabrics are soft and smooth, and good weight. They do manufacture their own fabrics, and the cotton they use is grown in the USA. Add to that their very good prices...it's a no-brainer for me. They are the first place I go when I am looking for batiks especially, and also their regular fabrics. They have a good range of colors and patterns.

I give them an A+++ :thumbup: :thumbup:

Please link to where it says they are using USA grown cotton and the fabric is made in the USA.
I have ordered a lot from Connecting Threads. It says right on the selvage that the cotton is USA. Love the fabric. Better than any I can buy locally.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:57 AM

I too have been looking for b/w fabric with some gray. Recently I found some from Benartex and Red Rooster. You may be able to go to Quiltshops.com and type in gray and see what you can pull up.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:59 AM

Oops! Clicked one too many times....

message deleted.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Barb44
I have ordered a lot of fabric from them. Their fabrics are soft and smooth, and good weight. They do manufacture their own fabrics, and the cotton they use is grown in the USA. Add to that their very good prices...it's a no-brainer for me. They are the first place I go when I am looking for batiks especially, and also their regular fabrics. They have a good range of colors and patterns.

Please link to where it says they are using USA grown cotton and the fabric is made in the USA.
I have ordered a lot from Connecting Threads. It says right on the selvage that the cotton is USA. Love the fabric. Better than any I can buy locally.
Barb, this was in the past. I can't see anywhere on their current website that new material is made from US grown cotton. It doesn't matter to some people, as most fabric is made overseas now anyway. But, I find it very interesting that their website has removed any reference I can find to made in the USA. Anyone????
Old 05-03-2011, 09:02 AM

The fabric I have doesn't say this. I think the issue is that it may have changed. Does anyone have any CURRENT link to show that it's USA grown? We know it's no longer USA made.

Originally Posted by Barb44