Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Suggestions for a New Quilting Chair >

Need Suggestions for a New Quilting Chair

Need Suggestions for a New Quilting Chair

Old 02-12-2017, 11:08 AM

I bought an office chair at Costco ($99) that is ergonomic, has lumbar support and has the arms that come up so I can get close to the sewing table. No trouble with threads in the wheels. I do keep a small trash can next to my chair for threads.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:02 PM

The chair I have now is too big and bulky. It's an office chair on wheels, padded with arms, but it's to heavy for sewing. I've been debating just using a stability ball, or getting myself a lighter, armless office chair.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:54 PM

Could you use a long stick (like a yard stick) and wrap tape with the sticky side out, to run over your sewing area before you leave for the day to clean up the threads. Also, make a little sewing caddy to go under your machine which hangs over the surface (edge) of your sewing table. Or, like a retreat, tape a small paper bag to the edge of your sewing table to catch your threads.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
Could you use a long stick (like a yard stick) and wrap tape with the sticky side out, to run over your sewing area before you leave for the day to clean up the threads. Also, make a little sewing caddy to go under your machine which hangs over the surface (edge) of your sewing table. Or, like a retreat, tape a small paper bag to the edge of your sewing table to catch your threads.
Yes I could but I'm not that organized. I have a sewing caddy Chigger gave me and I did use it for awhile. but I am just not one to put away neatly as I go. I make a big mess and in the future I clean it up as I need to.

I liked the idea of putting cups under the rollers. that would be like putting a tennis ball on a walker leg. I'll have to give that some thought.

I so appreciate all the advice you all have offered. thanks so much!

Now I guess I just need to go shopping and try some out for size.