Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Super Quick Baby Quilt Ideas >

Need Super Quick Baby Quilt Ideas

Need Super Quick Baby Quilt Ideas

Old 07-30-2010, 02:45 PM

I had done a Trip Around the World in 5" blocks and backed with fleece, quilt stitch diagonals (no batting) in a single day easy. Still managed to do laundry & feed family, too.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:00 AM

I am soon to start a quickie baby quilt, using a purchased pattern (OMG - I HAVE NEVER PURCHASED A PATTERN BEFORE!! I FEEL ASHAMED. It was a download, so you don't have to worry about shipping time.) but it's basically one large log cabin block, measuring 37" square I think. The pattern is called "Baby Steps" from e-patternsCentral.com. I'm doing it pink/lavender, but would be cute with kid's prints also.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
One of my former clients with the program work for just had their second baby. I just graduated them from our program, but with our program each new mum gets a hand made quilt for her babe to play and do tummy time on. This young couple was so committed to being good parents (and are) all during our 2-1/2 years together. I promised 2 weeks ago when they graduated that I would stop by to see him when he came and i would like to give them a quilt for their new little one. Well, I got a message last night that he had arrived, so...Other than using a panel, what would be the quickest pattern to use for a baby quilt?

I'm doing 2 DNP's I spy baby quilts for my new twin great-grandsons. Super easy and lots of fun to make.

Thanks for your input.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
I am soon to start a quickie baby quilt, using a purchased pattern (OMG - I HAVE NEVER PURCHASED A PATTERN BEFORE!! I FEEL ASHAMED. It was a download, so you don't have to worry about shipping time.) but it's basically one large log cabin block, measuring 37" square I think. The pattern is called "Baby Steps" from e-patternsCentral.com. I'm doing it pink/lavender, but would be cute with kid's prints also.
I love e-patterns central; they have some great patterns, no shipping, no waiting. Doesn't mean I get to it any faster but...
Old 08-01-2010, 04:09 AM

Thanks everyone for your input.
I think I have decided on a 4 patch type with solid blocks in between. It is the same or similar to what is on the QFK's site. All your ideas have been great and will be stored for future reference as I have 2 more to make in the future.

The folks on this board are awesome! I ask for help and the response is immediate and overwhelming. You all are tops!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
One of my former clients with the program work for just had their second baby. I just graduated them from our program, but with our program each new mum gets a hand made quilt for her babe to play and do tummy time on. This young couple was so committed to being good parents (and are) all during our 2-1/2 years together. I promised 2 weeks ago when they graduated that I would stop by to see him when he came and i would like to give them a quilt for their new little one. Well, I got a message last night that he had arrived, so...Other than using a panel, what would be the quickest pattern to use for a baby quilt?

Thanks for your input.
I'm not sure that a rag quilt would be that great for a baby that is doing tummy time on it. I have heard horror stories about babies choking on the fringe or getting thier teeth or fingers or toes caught in it. Sorry, I love the rag quilts but only use them for couch quilts, never for bed or playtime.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:22 AM

ksea - I agree. Can't be too careful. But I do have a lot of flannel saved up and a Rag quilt is definitely on my "to-do" list.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:29 AM

This one is the quickest ever.

Assorted width strips across the width of the fabric.

Sew as many strips together to make a 50" long quilt.

Add a border or not. Layer, quilt and bind.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:41 AM

yellow brick road look hard bur go together fast. 6 fat quarters, I just buy 3 half yard and cut my own cheaper.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:42 AM

Both the Yellow Brick Road and the strip pattern sound interesting. I will book mark and put on my list. Thanks so much.