Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need trouble shooting for Brother CE5000 Runway model >

Need trouble shooting for Brother CE5000 Runway model

Need trouble shooting for Brother CE5000 Runway model

Old 12-09-2018, 09:19 PM

It still could be a thread hiding in the innards. Another possibility - http://www.piecesofsoul.com/e6-error/

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:46 PM

This sounds dumb, but when you get the E6 message, did you try pressing the "OK" button? In doing so, you're saying "I got the message." Then you can do some of the suggestions above that are do-able. I've done this with the "the safety device has been activated" msg on my NX4000.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by nanibi View Post
This sounds dumb, but when you get the E6 message, did you try pressing the "OK" button? In doing so, you're saying "I got the message." Then you can do some of the suggestions above that are do-able. I've done this with the "the safety device has been activated" msg on my NX4000.
Good answer! I forgot about the OK button. Also, turning the machine off, resets the machine, so when you believe you have solved the problem, turn it off, the. Back on. Good luck Rhonda.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

There is no ok button as far as I know. and yes I turned it off and on several times. I have retired it for now. I will try again another day or take it to have it looked at somewhere. For now I'm using one of my other Brothers. it doesn't have the stitch I wanted but I am using a similar stitch that is doing ok. I hope to see the one I ordered today or monday.

Thank you so much to all who commented. I have tried everything suggested if possible. I knew I would get lots of help here. I so appreciate your input.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:50 AM

I also appreciate the help in this thread (since I own the same machine). You all are the best!

Rhonda, what’s the model of the new Brother you ordered? Gonna keep that one in mind since I really like my ce5000prw.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:22 AM

I downloaded https://download.brother.com/welcome...6677ug10en.pdf and on page 64 it says :If you press the stitch selection key or do the operation correctly while the error message is displayed the message disappears." So while you may not have an "OK" key, perhaps if you just select the stitch you want to use, it will clear the "E6" provided there really isn't a tangle or something else.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 12-16-2018 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MiniDoe View Post
I also appreciate the help in this thread (since I own the same machine). You all are the best!

Rhonda, what’s the model of the new Brother you ordered? Gonna keep that one in mind since I really like my ce5000prw.
I ordered another Brother CE5000prw Project Runway machine. It is my favorite machine. I saw where they don't make this one anymore so I went on Ebay and found one. Most of them listed were around $200 plus shipping and I found this one for $60 plus shipping brought it to $97 so I jumped on it. I am anxiously waiting hoping it comes tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
I downloaded https://download.brother.com/welcome...6677ug10en.pdf and on page 64 it says :If you press the stitch selection key or do the operation correctly while the error message is displayed the message disappears." So while you may not have an "OK" key, perhaps if you just select the stitch you want to use, it will clear the "E6" provided there really isn't a tangle or something else.

Thanks for the suggestion. That was one of the first things I tried. I've had the E6 error different times before but this is the first time it locked up.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:37 PM

worst case, the motherboard that runs the sewing machine has gone bad. I don't know why that would orevent you from turning the wheel to raise the needle, though.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:26 PM
Power Poster

I am going to take my machine apart some time soon and see if I can figure out the problem. RT now I am in the middle of other stuff. I really want to know what went wrong with this machine. LOL