Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need your help please! >

Need your help please!

Need your help please!

Old 03-17-2010, 05:49 AM

Thanks Ladies, I never even thought of using fuseable interfacing---that should work. I will try to get DH to help me with pics and downloading them. I knew I could count on you all.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Banned

Interfacing can also back the stiches up. Penny
Old 03-19-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by fktsewing
I have quilt blocks that are embroidered by my MIL with yellow roses and some blue flowers on them. I really would like to get this top pieced together and quilted. Here is my problem---they were a pre printed kit and the fabric that was used is so thin. Should I just go ahead and quilt them or should I place a piece of white cotton on the back of them then the batting and the backing before quilting? The background of the embroidered blocks are white. Would be interested in any help you can give me. Thanks
There is something sold @ Wilson's LQS in Hagerstown, MD called "PRESTO", which is a thin, white fusible fabric. They use this for EVERY machine embroidery they do, in addition to the stabilizers required. I would google PRESTO and see if you can't find it on line, or perhaps call Wilson's in Hagerstown and ask about it...........it fuses beautifully, you can quilt thru it like soft butter, but it really stabilizes thin fabric and does not loose the drape.........
Old 03-20-2010, 01:38 PM

Sound like fusible interfacing would work for an antique embroidered bedspread, on dotted swiss, that my mother did in the 30's. I have been looking for a solution, because the fabric is very fragile, and I can't see leaving it in the closet forever. I want to quilt it to strengthen it and use it. Many thanks for this thread.