Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need your opinion.  Will this work? >

Need your opinion. Will this work?

Need your opinion. Will this work?

Old 09-02-2013, 08:37 AM

Such a precious joy. I think your quilt is fine for either boy or girl. Its soft and pretty and he is going to want to be cuddled and warm. Congratulations, and I hope Mother is getting better fast
Old 09-02-2013, 08:39 AM

Hi Twinkie, you made that quilt with love and I'm sure it will be fine, God bless the little one and all of you. You will, I'm sure have a lifetime of making quilt for every stage in his life. love Letty
Old 09-02-2013, 09:15 AM

Precious little one! Congratulations! I always think of boys as frogs and puppy dog tails, right? Your quilt is perfect for a boy or a girl. Cute little frogs. You can always make hi a "big boy" quilt later for his twin bed.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:41 AM

Congrats and good wishes to mom and baby! I think that the quilt is gender neutral and very cute. I would give it to the baby. Little tadpoles become big frogs.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:05 AM

the lilac is cartoon animals, correct? And plenty of green. Why not for a boy? Any little guy can stand two quilts, so maybe another that's a bit larger and primary colors.

I'm saying a prayer for the little guy and his momma!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
I may not have explained it properly. The quilt along with a mint green crocheted blanket were already mailed to them so it would be there for the baby shower. The shower has not even taken place yet. They are 750 miles away from us.
Thanks for the nice comments

Let that be a shower gift and do another crib size with primary colors.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:16 AM

I think I would ask if they are going to change the colors in the baby's room. I guess I am with you, in that purple a are generally considered for little girls. my temptation would be to make a boys quilt. sounds like this little boy may be filled with surprises!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:32 AM

I would use this quilt as it was meant to be. This quilt has its story now.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Reb

Originally Posted by linynp View Post
Congratulations on the new little and may both mom and baby have speedy recoveries! I would recommend a different style from rag since it can produce fluff from the fray edges. Most premies have some respiratory compromise so anything to aide in decreasing issues is a plus IMHO. Again congrats!
This might be very important. What are the needs of a premie? Maybe a smaller one? I have no idea but it's something to consider. I'd leave the quilt with his parents for when he gets a little older. Sure it goes for a boy or girl. Good thing you didn't make it in pink! God's blessings for you all.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:45 AM

Those are some giant feet and long legs on that sweet little one. It is a good thing he is a boy. My son would have had a fit if I had given his son a purple quilt. I would make another one and just keep that one for the next baby or to use at my house. It is a very sweet quilt. The parents might not mind. It is something when you think you know the flavor of the cake in the oven and you are surprised when it comes out. He will love you no matter what the colors are. My granddaughter still sleeps with her baby quilt...so that might be something to ponder...do you want him going to a sleep over with it at 7-8. She doesnt carry it but if she sleeps over it always is the first thing to go in the bag. Congratulations anyway.