Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New cutting table? >

New cutting table?

New cutting table?

Old 06-23-2013, 05:51 AM

Have a look at the site - ikeahackers.net/2012/06/quilters-table-with-storage. These bookcases are only $69.00 each here in Australia and we have the highest Ikea prices worldwide. (a Current Affair)
This is a totally awesome table. You can do smaller with smaller bookcase. Have a look as this is a great place to find inspiration.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:28 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

I can't imagine doing very much actual cutting sitting down. My cutting table is comprised of an old sideboard from my husbands family, with an anti slide rug thingy on top, with a six foot conference room table top ( it was being discarded as the legs had broken). I purchased a drafting cutting mat, much cheaper, but self-healing, and accurate lines, to put on top.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:57 PM

What a great idea!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:00 PM

Is that table at Joann's sturdy enough for cutting? I've seen it online, but I wasn't sure about the strength of it!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sarah in Brooklyn View Post
I cut on my dining table which is at the far end of my apartment from where I sew. I'm thinking about redoing the sewing room and getting a table. I need something pretty small and very simple - it doesn't need a lot of storage or anything, just a steady surface. I'd prefer it to be fairly tall - 4 feet? Any ideas. Google is failing me on this one.
Do you have your ironing board up in your sewing room? I put one of those rectangle tops on top of mine and cut on it. Works well for me. Let me see if I can find a picture. On the rare occasion when I need the smaller ironing surface...like for a blouse...I just lift this top off.

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001445.jpg  
Old 07-26-2013, 09:36 AM

That looks great. But my ironing board isn't very steady. I asked my dad to build me a table, he likes doing stuff like that.

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Do you have your ironing board up in your sewing room? I put one of those rectangle tops on top of mine and cut on it. Works well for me. Let me see if I can find a picture. On the rare occasion when I need the smaller ironing surface...like for a blouse...I just lift this top off.

Dina