Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: new PfAff, new Bernina 710 or used Pfaff

Blog Entries
    If you are just starting out on the dark side to quilting. Why not just buy a walking foot for the bernina and purchase good quality accessories or quilting ie, cutting board, rotary cutter with new blades rulers. To begin with and see if it really is the hobby for you before spending so much. Then listen nd go to trial run machines you think you would like. The machines are very different and need plentY of looking at may be you will want a bigger throat to push quilt though which means looking at a different set of machines. Good luck and welcome to the best hobb hand site in the world.
    Finished is better than a UFO

the Pfaff 7530 WAS a great machine, but you can no longer get parts for it. The newer Pfaffs, as in the last 15 years, since they began making them in Asia rather than Germany, are of very poor quality. I had two TOL Pfaffs and got rid of them both, the latest being the Creative Sensation. Really a BIG disappointment. One thing too, the Integrated Foot on the Pfaffs is so convenient, but it does not work as well as a real walking foot. I agree with whomever suggested you get an older Bernina you can use on your feet with, and a good, BERNINA walking foot. I think you would be happier and I KNOW your wallet will be happier. Michelle
    Michelle Guadarrama

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2