Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New QuiltersTV Series

Hope we get it in WI, but I bet not.

Banned
    It is my understanding that www.quilterstv.com is available worldwide since it is on the internet and not TV

Blog Entries
    I have enjoyed your other wonderful videos and look forward to watching this series too :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I've tried twice today to open up the www.quilterstv.com site and both times I've gotten the virus warning.

In western Michigan, there are 2 quilting programs on public TV on Thursdays at 2:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. This is through charter.net....don't know what comcast has but I know that they do have programs..
    First one is Fons and Porter and the second is Eleanor Burns. Hope that someone else can enjoy them also...

That is so strange. After reading this post I tried to go onto www.QuiltersTv.com and had no problems. Some lady was cutting fabric on a video. Nothing was said about a virus.

Banned
    go to www.quilterstv.com thru another search not Google. Google seems to be the one showing the message. I just log on thru AOL or Yahoo or Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    go to www.quilterstv.com thru another search not Google. Google seems to be the one showing the message. I just log on thru AOL or Yahoo or Explorer.
    AHA! I always use Yahoo. Interesting I'll try Google to see what happens.

jal
    Quilterstv.com cleared up their site and the warning was removed. However, when I tried to log on today the warning came back. The warning is being issued by Mozilla and Internet explorer and maybe other browsers. Be afraid.

Thank you for the warning.
    I had two computers crash and distroyed by viruses even though we have virus protection.

jal
    Confusion reigns. When I go to Quilterstv.com I get the malware notice. When I go to Quilterstv.com (daily lineup) I do not get that message. I am confused. I get to the daily lineup through my bookmarks, which are over a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy
    If you are in sunny so cal we have a new show starting on KVCR on May 14 at 9:30 am called Sew It All. Not sure who is responsible or what it will cover. Guess I should start a new topic for it. After work and quilting tonight perhaps I can fit that in.
    This show started here in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. From the commerial, I got the idea that it's about all kiinds of sewing - home dec, clothing, and quilting. I haven't watched it because I don't have an interest in anything but quilting right now (Even though I just finished new curtains for the kitchen. Didn't need a TV show to tell me how to do them).
    I'm bummed because this new show took the place of Lap Quilting with Georgia Bonesteel. I really liked her show.. Now I'm down to only two, Fons and Porter and Quilt in a Day. Guess I'll have to "watch" more on the internet. :roll:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    I use Bing and I still get the error every time I try to open the page.

jal
    Logged on to Quilterstv.com through Mozilla this morning 04/22/11 and did not get malware message. Good news.

I don't think the virus issue has been taken care of. I tried to got here yesterday and my virus protection program blocked the site with the virus warning. I couldn't get on.

Blog Entries
    I'm still getting the virus warning too.

I have found a lot of these warnings on sewing websites...I guess they think little old senile ladies are googling and will click. It is so frustrating!

Blog Entries
    I would not go there... may get an unwanted virus or worse yet a trojan horse. Is there another way to get to there site? Is this a TV show, if so what network so we can check out local listing.

Quilters TV
    This site may harm your computer.
    Apr 5, 2011 ... Quilters Corner Blog; Event Calendar; Quilting Forum; News & Updates; Quilt Museums. Shops. Quilters TV Quilt Shop; Software; Hand Dye ...
    www.quilterstv.com/ -

Blog Entries
    Will somebody please let us know when it is COMPLETELY safe to go to Quilterstv.com using mozilla -- I'm afraid to open it as don't want to take a chance of inviting more computer trouble.
    Hollis -- are you sure I can't be infected if I open it using internet explorer? I'm even afraid, at this point, to try that but I would love to see the video.

I just tried to go to Quilters TV and my computer wouldn't let me. It did the same thing when they had the problem before but when it was fixed I could go there with not problem. So I guess they are infected again and we will have to wait to see Holice's new program.
    Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

This show started here in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. From the commerial, I got the idea that it's about all kiinds of sewing - home dec, clothing, and quilting. I haven't watched it because I don't have an interest in anything but quilting right now (Even though I just finished new curtains for the kitchen. Didn't need a TV show to tell me how to do them).
    I'm bummed because this new show took the place of Lap Quilting with Georgia Bonesteel. I really liked her show.. Now I'm down to only two, Fons and Porter and Quilt in a Day. Guess I'll have to "watch" more on the internet. :roll:[/quote]

I love to watch The Quilt Show online with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. You can watch a couple of shows free and subscribe if you like it. There is tons to look at with the free sign up too. I love it.

None of my anti-v programs are bugging me about this site -
    http://www.quilterstv.com/

There is a notice on the site that they are virus free. This is a google problem, not a quiltersTV problem - if you're avoiding this particular site because of google's warning, you're missing out for no good reason.

Other search engines run on the google platform and Internet Explorer add-ons gather their information from a variety of sources, including google, which is wrong.

I'm watching your show right now Holice - thank you so much! I LOVE the pre-printed wholecloth designs you've done and I would like to make some of my own on linen with a wool batt. :)

Holice, I have really enjoyed watching these programs! :)

I had a little trouble getting them to play all the way through - they kept wanting to stop and go on to the next video. But, if anyone else runs into the same problem, just hit the "Back" button and it should load the one you were watching. You can then push the slider to the point where you got bumped off and watch the rest of the video.

I especially got a lot out of the binding video, but all of them were good and you have a wonderful teaching presence and personality. I'll bet people love taking your classes.

The videos are as good as anything on QNNtv or The Quilt Show and very informative. :)

I had the same problem watching too so I used the contact link to let them know.
    Thanks for letting me know how to overcome the problem. I will go back and watch now.
    Met Hollice while shopping one day. He is a doll.

thanks for the info. Sue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast