Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New QuiltersTV Series

Banned
    I just checked and the new series I recently taped for QuitersTV will begin showing on Sunday April 24. The title of the series is "Quilt As Desired"

The first one is

Cutting Stencils

Power Poster
    Thanks for the info! I'll have to see if we will get it in Minnesota!

Blog Entries
    Great!! Hope we get it in Alabama! Thanks for letting us know!

Blog Entries
    Holice, will this be on TV or on the internet?

Blog Entries
    I've been waiting for that. Thanks for the update.

Blog Entries
    Each time I Google the site, I get the following:
    Channel: Daily Lineup | QuiltersTV
    This site may harm your computer.
    Apr 5, 2011 ... Quilters Corner Blog; Event Calendar; Quilting Forum; News & Updates; Quilt Museums. Shops. Quilters TV Quilt Shop; Software; Hand Dye ...
    www.quilterstv.com/ - Similar

My QTV! | Quilters TV
    This site may harm your computer.
    Since its launch in August 2006, Quilters TV ("QTV") has been creating and ...
    www.quilterstv.com/pages/resources/my-qtv.html

So I'm a little leary of going there.

Blog Entries
    I went to a site that said that and it DID put a virus on my computer. So if I ever see that again when I am wanting to go to a web page, I don't care if its cnn.com or even the quilting board here I WILL NOT go to it. It only took one time for me to learn that lesson.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    I went to a site that said that and it DID put a virus on my computer. So if I ever see that again when I am wanting to go to a web page, I don't care if its cnn.com or even the quilting board here I WILL NOT go to it. It only took one time for me to learn that lesson.
    Good to know...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bjnicholson
    Good to know...
    This happened maybe 2 months ago. I can't remember the site. I had never had it happen to me before and I didn't think anything of it. When I closed my browser, my desktop was blue and in big huge red letters said I have a virus on my computer. My heart SUNK. As I had never had one before. I called a friend of ours that works on computers and he walked me through reformatting and all that stuff. Just be careful everyone and HEED all virus warnings you get. Even if you think its not important. You CAN get them from sites you frequent all the time.

congrats

where does this program come on and what channel or is it on the internet

Banned
    QuiltersTV is on the internet. I know there was a virus sometime ago but their main page says it has been taken care of. I don't get the message when I sign on.
    So, hopefully you eventually will be able to sign on without the danger of virus.

I received the message when I Googled the site, so I didn't even try to log on.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    When tehy put those messages about the virus it's a good warning. I still wonder why they can't delete them. So I watch for them. Thanks for sharing. I am going to do the QNNtv later. Worth the money.

thanks for letting us know!

Blog Entries
    Holice are you sure there going to start news shows,i have been waiting for new shows for awhile now ,i will check on the 24th to see you there thanks Holice

I don't know what Quilt TV is, is it one of the pay sites like Alex Anderson's? I so wish they had quilt shows on regular TV like they used to.
    I do know about Malware, it's especially ugly. When you get that screen that says you have a virus, that is the virus. They will offer to clean your computer for a fee, often they just take your money. When it happened to me I lost all control of my computer. I used a different computer to get online and downloaded malwarebytes which cleaned everything up. Now I keep that on a disc, not just on my computer. Everyone should keep something like that handy. I'm not running an ad for malwarebytes, that's just what worked for me. If you do want to try it, it's .org not .com. Be careful.

Blog Entries
    You are one of my favorite people to watch on Quilter's TV. One can learn so much from this site.

I have used the QuiltersTV.com site and have no problems. As mentioned before, they have announced on the web site that they have no viruses and that they go through Zeeltv.com. But if you EVER get a virus alert heed it! Had one awhile back from an email message and I had to restore my computer to a different time which took care of the problem. Don't know if it works for everyone, but it cleared it out for me.

Thanks for all the info.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamagal
    Great!! Hope we get it in Alabama! Thanks for letting us know!

Hi Bamagal. Where do you live in B'ham? I used to live there, now live close to Dothan. I'll be joining you trying to find this show on Sunday.

What channel? HGTV?

Blog Entries
    I just did a search with my cable provider and the show is not scheduled for the western Florida Panhandle. ٩(͡๏̯͡๏۶

Blog Entries
    Be very careful of these sites because of virus. My computer went nuts yesterday and my son scanned it with my anti virus and found 695 threats. I think this came from a virus that I got from this site a while back.

Sunny Southern California, actually Riverside
    Blog Entries
    If you are in sunny so cal we have a new show starting on KVCR on May 14 at 9:30 am called Sew It All. Not sure who is responsible or what it will cover. Guess I should start a new topic for it. After work and quilting tonight perhaps I can fit that in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast