Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Quilting Challenge >

New Quilting Challenge

New Quilting Challenge

Old 11-16-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter4HireAndFun
Sounds like fun...get a few more details and perhaps more will want to do this...

Perhaps get the brand name of the paint sold at, let's say, Lowes...and then give the paint numbers...

Give a size of a square...say 12" x 12"

A time limit...say, 1 month to finish and post or mail away

just some ideas... firm it up and I wouldn't mind joining in!
OK...here you go...u can use all or some of the colors. The paint brand is Valspar, color strips 242and274.
final pics of the quilts are due June 15 2011. any size , any pattern:)
Old 11-16-2010, 03:28 PM

Sounds like big fun! I am in the middle of a project--trying to fix something that I boo-booed--but will do this soon. I think it would be the most fun to do with a group--kind of like those Christmas gifts where you pick the one you want and pass on the one you don't
Old 11-16-2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by americanquilttrail
Sounds like big fun! I am in the middle of a project--trying to fix something that I boo-booed--but will do this soon. I think it would be the most fun to do with a group--kind of like those Christmas gifts where you pick the one you want and pass on the one you don't
OK...here you go...u can use all or some of the colors. The paint brand is Valspar, color strips 241a and 272a.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:38 PM

Oh Judie, this sounds like fun! I like to play too. I'd like you to pick a color for me, if you don't mind, as I do really love all colors, and it'll be fun to see what you pick for me.

Maybe if you can get Patrice's approval (senior moderator), we can start a thread in the Blocks of Month/Week section and do a quilt-along, sharing ideas, progress and what not. What do you think?

Where is the brand of paint you are using sold?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:40 PM

I just thought of another question. Lets say I got purples, would we be allowed to use a purple print, such as say a purple background with red flowers? Or does it have to be only purple?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Oh Judie, this sounds like fun! I like to play too. I'd like you to pick a color for me, if you don't mind, as I do really love all colors, and it'll be fun to see what you pick for me.

Maybe if you can get Patrice's approval (senior moderator), we can start a thread in the Blocks of Month/Week section and do a quilt-along, sharing ideas, progress and what not. What do you think?

Where is the brand of paint you are using sold?
Lowes...

OK...here you go...u can use all or some of the colors. The paint brand is Valspar, color strips 234b and 204.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by candi
I just thought of another question. Lets say I got purples, would we be allowed to use a purple print, such as say a purple background with red flowers? Or does it have to be only purple?
as long as the basic colors match any or all on your cards...so purple with a red print would work, if it goes with the other colors on you card...get it?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:01 AM

Hi I,m up for a challenge sounds like fun
Old 11-18-2010, 05:16 AM

here's a link to a list of all the colors. On my computer, I have to click them to See (if you Right-Click and select Open In New Tab , you won't have to leave the page with the list).

Don't know how close the colors are True to the actual paint chip, but still it gives an idea.

I am Loving my colors, btw! :thumbup:

http://www.myperfectcolor.com/v/vspf...lors-index.asp
Old 11-18-2010, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by sewTinker
here's a link to a list of all the colors. On my computer, I have to click them to See (if you Right-Click and select Open In New Tab , you won't have to leave the page with the list).
Thanks for posting the link sewTinker :P I was going to search and see which colors I got as it would be a while before I get to Lowes. How cool! I love both of my colors, never thought about putting them together though, I see a fabric shopping trip in my near future :mrgreen: Love it! Thanks for getting this started, Judi.