Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New quilting idea >

New quilting idea

New quilting idea

Old 11-28-2007, 09:19 AM

f.v.g........ when ever i make a quilt for a baby i all ways make it lap size. that way later on he or she can still use it. or make it twin size it could get folded down. to use in the crib but still be used on a twin size bed later.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
What colors are in his nursery?? I have all the faith in the world that you'll come up with the perfect idea for the little guy!! 18 month all ready huh? Wow, that's what baby Hailey is in now and she's 17 months. Keep us updated on what you decide. As a rule of thumb, I usually make crib size covers (sewn, quilted or crocheted) until they outgrow their cribs, then, if they are still the right size when youngin's move on to toddler beds which use a crib size mattress. That way they get more years of use.
The colors of his nursery? I believe that would be pastel green, pastel yellow, and pastel blue. I'm not a fan of pastel...don't want to make the holiday miserable because I forced myself into sewing with them.

Still don't know what color scheme I'm going to use. I kind of got an idea working itself out in my head, just have to get it onto paper to see if its something that I think would look good. Haven't gotten around to it because I've been busy with job hunting and doing some major cleaning to my room (the kind of cleaning that involves getting rid of a lot of things so I actually have room).
Old 11-28-2007, 05:37 PM

What if you used a more brilliant shade of those colors...bold instead of pastel...that might be complimentary to the existing scheme and keep you from feeling miserable.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:03 PM

I think I either want to do red and black, black and white, or a combination of both. Fits more to my style and those colors are a developmental thing for babies.

I might end up changing my quilt idea to something simplier. Just realized there's only like three weeks until Christmas. If I want it done in time I might have to ditch the sashing (it'll be time consuming since I've never done it before).