Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
new rulers >

new rulers

new rulers

Old 05-12-2013, 03:24 AM

I like Deb Tucker's rulers - you can make several sizes with ONE ruler!!! I believe hers are marketed as Studio 180 Designs. I have several of hers and love all of them - especially the Lemoyne Star one.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
I just donated a No Math ruler to one of my local quilting groups. I think it is by thecottonconnection.com

It makes FG and HST's. It works, I just don't like it.
Ooooopsie! the website you posted was for a 100% cotton shirt place.

Nan
Old 05-12-2013, 06:29 AM

I know exactly what you are talking about - saw them in Lancaster, bought them yesterday at the Baltimore quilt show. BLOC LOC is the brand. www.blocloc.com
Old 05-13-2013, 12:32 PM

I saw Deb Tucker demonstrate her rulers at the Paducah quilt show. She sold me - I got the flying geese ruler and the square up one. I like her flying geese because it does many many sizes. I had previously bought the Eleanor Burns set, and although fine at what they do, the sizes are very specific.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by bigredharley View Post
I know exactly what you are talking about - saw them in Lancaster, bought them yesterday at the Baltimore quilt show. BLOC LOC is the brand. www.blocloc.com
I was scrolling to the end to tell about Bloc Loc and found your post.

I have the 6.5" for half square triangles and the flying geese. I LOVE LOVE them. If you make your geese by Eleanor Burns method, this ruler is better than hers. LOL

what makes it special is the groove in the back of the template. It grabs the seam and doesn't slip when trimming. the geese one has two grooves to grab the seams. Always holds in place and no slipping.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:17 AM

Here's a link to Deb Tucker's website. I picked the video page because it may remind you of a demo if you saw it. I love her rulers because my quilt squares have come out perfect when I use them. I have the wing clipper and the tucker trimmer and others that I haven't used yet. http://www.studio180design.net/videos/
Old 07-28-2013, 04:04 AM

I have both. Love them both. But the E. Burns geese rulers are size specific, but each ruler does two sizes if I remember correctly. Traveling so can't look.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:56 AM

I love the Lazy Girls No Math Ruler (http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/produ..._Ruler/269/c48) for flying geese.

It has detailed directions, but is a breeze when you use it. You cut one large square and four small squares and off you go. Just really easy.

I made the Fly Away Quilt (http://www.connectingthreads.com/Pat...n__D55656.HTML) and it was so much easier with the ruler. I used to hate Flying Geese, but now I am ready for any that are needed. No more avoiding the geese.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:13 AM

Sounds like Deb Tucker's.