Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: new rulers

Blog Entries

new rulers

I am looking for some rulers that a friend of mine bought at the Mid Atlantic Quilt show. One makes flying geese squares of all sizes easier to size and square up and the other allows the trimming of all sizes of HST by trimming on just one of the sides. I know these explanations are vague but if you know what I am talking about I would appreciate your help. Both of these rulers are made by the same company.
    Last edited by topstitch; 05-11-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    The name will be on the ruler. Ask your friend to tell you the name.
    Got fabric?

Would it be Deb Tucker's rulers? She has one called a Wing Clipper for flying geese. She has some others also.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    The name will be on the ruler. Ask your friend to tell you the name.
    She is at the beach for the rest of the summer and her rulers are here.

The second one sounds like my Quilt in a Day square up ruler. Try looking on that site and see if they are there

I would guess Quilt in a Day rulers. If you saw them would you be able to identify them?

I saw those rulers at The road to California Quilt Show. There is a phone number a the bottom of their webpage. Maybe someone there can help you. http://www.road2ca.com/index.html
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

I just donated a No Math ruler to one of my local quilting groups. I think it is by thecottonconnection.com

It makes FG and HST's. It works, I just don't like it.
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. I think the Deb Tucker rulers are the ones but I like the Quilt in a Day also. Hmmmmmm--which one to buy.

I like Deb Tucker's rulers - you can make several sizes with ONE ruler!!! I believe hers are marketed as Studio 180 Designs. I have several of hers and love all of them - especially the Lemoyne Star one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
    I just donated a No Math ruler to one of my local quilting groups. I think it is by thecottonconnection.com

It makes FG and HST's. It works, I just don't like it.
    Ooooopsie! the website you posted was for a 100% cotton shirt place.

Nan
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

I know exactly what you are talking about - saw them in Lancaster, bought them yesterday at the Baltimore quilt show. BLOC LOC is the brand. www.blocloc.com
    ​Nancy

I saw Deb Tucker demonstrate her rulers at the Paducah quilt show. She sold me - I got the flying geese ruler and the square up one. I like her flying geese because it does many many sizes. I had previously bought the Eleanor Burns set, and although fine at what they do, the sizes are very specific.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredharley View Post
    I know exactly what you are talking about - saw them in Lancaster, bought them yesterday at the Baltimore quilt show. BLOC LOC is the brand. www.blocloc.com
    I was scrolling to the end to tell about Bloc Loc and found your post.

I have the 6.5" for half square triangles and the flying geese. I LOVE LOVE them. If you make your geese by Eleanor Burns method, this ruler is better than hers. LOL

what makes it special is the groove in the back of the template. It grabs the seam and doesn't slip when trimming. the geese one has two grooves to grab the seams. Always holds in place and no slipping.
    Jean in MI

Here's a link to Deb Tucker's website. I picked the video page because it may remind you of a demo if you saw it. I love her rulers because my quilt squares have come out perfect when I use them. I have the wing clipper and the tucker trimmer and others that I haven't used yet. http://www.studio180design.net/videos/

I have both. Love them both. But the E. Burns geese rulers are size specific, but each ruler does two sizes if I remember correctly. Traveling so can't look.

I love the Lazy Girls No Math Ruler (http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/produ..._Ruler/269/c48) for flying geese.

It has detailed directions, but is a breeze when you use it. You cut one large square and four small squares and off you go. Just really easy.

I made the Fly Away Quilt (http://www.connectingthreads.com/Pat...n__D55656.HTML) and it was so much easier with the ruler. I used to hate Flying Geese, but now I am ready for any that are needed. No more avoiding the geese.
    Jane
    Physically in Maryland but heart is in Indianapolis.

Rescued Boxers are adoptable love. Please consider a homeless/rescued pet when adding to your family.

Sounds like Deb Tucker's.