Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New sewing machine - Juki? >

New sewing machine - Juki?

New sewing machine - Juki?

Old 10-25-2014, 11:50 AM

Hi Littlebear, what do you hate about the Bernina 550QE? I have the 750QE and I kind of hate it...I can't FMQ on it. I've considered selling it but I just don't know what I'd get to replace it.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by MFord View Post
Hi Littlebear, what do you hate about the Bernina 550QE? I have the 750QE and I kind of hate it...I can't FMQ on it. I've considered selling it but I just don't know what I'd get to replace it.
Why can't you FMQ on your 750? Doesn't have a big throat space? Did it come with a BSR? I have the 820 and its just a little bigger than the 750, and I FMQ on it all the time. Before I spent anymore money, I would contact a good dealer, and have them help you make the machine work for you.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Littlebearquiltingboard View Post
I have a love/hate relationship with my Bernina 550QE so I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a new sewing machine. I have been reading wonderful things about the Juki domestic machines and am considering the Juki HZL F600. Here in the UK this machine costs £1399.00 (approx. $2350.00), another big investment so I've got to get it right this time. I think it is the box feed that is swaying me to this machine.

My question is, does the box feed really make a difference with feeding fabric? Do the two pieces of fabric feed through evenly? Could anyone kindly post pictures of piecing you have done using a Juki F600?

I know the best thing is for me to go to a dealer and try one out but my local dealer is some distance away and I have a traveling phobia which means that the journey would be too much for me at the current time.
The Juki F-600 is a very, very nice machine. I sewed with mine a lot, but the harp size wore me down. When the other manufacturers came up with these huge harps I couldn't resist. I now sew with a Babylock Crescendo, but I Loved my Juki - still have the 2010. The motors do not bog down like the other sm manufacturers - very strong. Is it possible to have someone over here ship you a machine - I know the motors are different because of dc & ac, but we are talking more than double our price. You'd have to consider vat taxes or whatever the UK does and see if it works out. But yes, aside from harp size the F-600 is wonderful and the box feed is great.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:33 AM

You know, SuzieQ, I probably should take the machine in for a check up, and maybe arrange some one-on-one FMQ training with the BSR. It drives me crazy because it only works right when I'm moving really fast, and I'm more of a slow person. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2014, 10:08 AM

I am pleased to hear all of this talk about the Juki Exceed 600 as this is the machine that I am considering buying. I have really disliked my Janome 6500 and need to replace it. I love my Juki TL98 but as it is straight stitch only, there are times that I really need a few fancy stitches. I too want to get it "right" this time as the Janome 6500 was so wrong.