Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Use for Goggle search

I have been looking for color ways for DWR and drunkard's path. Went to Google and did a search for... double wedding ring quilts images... and spent over an HOUR looking at different color combo. Wonderful eye candy. Did the browsing at home, in jammies, with coffee!!

Blog Entries
    Yes, that's my favorite way to search too!

I spend a lot of time on computer early in morn in my jammies. It is wonderful to relax and get caught up here or look for things. Besides I think my internet runs faster in the a.m.

Blog Entries
    I search Google images too :) for everything. Quilts, knitting, crocheting, sewing. I've found quite a few things I liked enough to figure out (or buy) the pattern for.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I discovered that I could do that...I spend hours looking....its great isn't it!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh yes, I agree! :)

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Yes, I discovered that I could do that...I spend hours looking....its great isn't it!
    here here, but when do we have time for the mundane things in life let alone our quilting,?????

Sitting in jammies as I write this and my coffee is right along with me. Love looking, but then I see something and want to start buying, in my jammies, with my coffee at hand!

Blog Entries
    I love that feature of google too :D:D:D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I also am still sitting here in my jammies, mending my sister's quilt. I want to get it in the mail today.

I stumbled upon the google search a while back looking for borders for a Grandma's flower garden quilt i'm working on. Came across one and added it to my aunt's quilt.

I also came across a pattern Carpenter's Wheel that i'm going to make next.

Awesome way to visualize what may be in my brain!!

I love Google. Lots of patterns to look at on there. Tons of ideas.

Blog Entries
    Yep, cup of hot tea and visiting with everyone via this wonderful group. Still in jammies!

Blog Entries
    When I pay for something I want all out of it I can get so I use the internet and web features to do as much work for me as possible. Mostly all the mental work anyway. Did you know Google had a blog search? I can find tutorials in the blogs for the most obscure things.

:D I'm with all of you, at last I know I am not the only one who sits here in her PJs using google to look at lovely quilting pics! My time is normally about 5.30 am after hubby has gone to work and all the dogs, cats etc have been fed and are dozing around my feet - I call it my 'bliss' time, it helps set me up for the day. I find the only snag is that it makes me want to go and sew instead of doing the rest of my chores :oops:
    Happy Days....
    Sue

Blog Entries
    great idea! i usually got to webshots and do the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingaz
    I spend a lot of time on computer early in morn in my jammies. It is wonderful to relax and get caught up here or look for things. Besides I think my internet runs faster in the a.m.
    That's me at 6 AM. I run faster then too.

Google is highly irritating to me because it is so invasive to our privacy ... but I wouldn't want to live without it! Those search features are just the greatest. Jammies and hot drink work early mornings too! Good morning all!

Yup, in my jammies and coffee is brewing. Can spend hours looking at patterns and fabrics. Just have to be careful because it is so easy to buy and my stash is overflowing.

Blog Entries
    I'm still in my jammies and it is 11AM. What a great way to relax and catch up with the board. All of you rock!

mac
    I'm with all of you. I can sit at my computer for hours and not realize that so much time has passed. It's mind-boggling. Then I end up wondering where all my time went.

And it is not just quilting things that I look up either; I can't remember the last time I looked up a recipe in my rather extensive cookbook collection. Instead I look for recipes on the internet that are tried and true. You can spend hours just reading comments on what people say about a recipe. Lately I've been looking for Gluten Free recipes for baking for my friends for the holidays. What a challenge to find a good one.

Recipes are like land minds, you can spend a lot of time making something that sounds wonderful only to have it blow up in your face when you taste it. The comments are so helpful with all of their ideas and what works, what doesn't work and how to tweak the recipe to make it a little better.

Even though the computer and the internet have really enriched my life, I can say that I had so much more time on my hands before they were invented.

And don't even get me started on playing games on the computer. Bejeweled Blitz and Freecell are two very addictive games for me that can melt time away like it was nothing... :oops:

What is the name of the site. Was on it recently, but can't remember the name.

i have never tried that. i have a hard time using the computer. do you just type in goggle and then what you want to find ? i feel so dumb. some days are better and some ..i just do not even try.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Remember, in google, watch for the ones that have a warning (could damage your pc) Glad they do that for us,. I won't go into those.

My husband and I were remembering the earlier internet and to search boolean (sp) "word + word" (search) might get you something - - -and now anything that comes into mind, just type it in - and sit back - cause you're going to get a ton of sights or suggestions on exactly what you requested! It is fabulous!! (oops, am I showing my age?) :-)
    Mary

mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Marysewfun
    My husband and I were remembering the earlier internet and to search boolean (sp) "word + word" (search) might get you something - - -and now anything that comes into mind, just type it in - and sit back - cause you're going to get a ton of sights or suggestions on exactly what you requested! It is fabulous!! (oops, am I showing my age?) :-)
    Mary
    I use Bing instead of Google. Bing is more to the point and doesn't give you sound alikes, lookalikes or other sites that aren't to the point of what you are searching for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast