Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year ahead >

New Year ahead

New Year ahead

Old 01-03-2015, 06:55 AM

I find I get more done when I make a list. Last year I determined I wanted to finish 4 quilts I had been working on the last couple years. Finished 3 out of 4. This year I plan to finish the 4th quilt and make 2 more quilts. I also try to make at least 2 charity quilts a month for the group I belong too. For me, planning is the name of the game!!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:35 AM

I am working on goals as well. I am almost done with all of my scraps to make log cabin lap quilts for a retirement home. I have 2 completed - (boy, quilting them is hard on my machine.) 3 more to to quilt. I have an appliqued' spring table runner to and a Hunter's Star table topper to finish, and an oriental bedspread (that I started a few years ago) to work on. THEN, it is to make those quilts that are on my TO DO list. We all have several of those! Happy New Year!
Old 01-03-2015, 08:58 AM

My New Year's goal is to finally finish something for ME. In addition, I have two baby quilts to quilt, a twin quilt to start for my DGS (Turtle Travelers which is heavily appliqued - by machine) and a full sized dinosaur quilt (also appliqued) for my other DGS by Christmas 2015. All should be fun to work on. Naturally, I just ordered enough material to make a darling baby quilt to have on hand, LOL. I NEVER run out of projects to work on or ideas for more. Sound familiar quilters?????
Old 01-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

I have three tops pinned, and each one is partially quilted. If I can get those out of the way, I believe that it will be a good start to 2015.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:34 AM

I have two tops nearly finished and a third to baste and quilt. My goal is to finish them all this year. Hopefully.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

The quilt with my highest priority is making a reunion quilt for our bi-annual family quilt for the July 4th reunion. Then my DS and DDL have requested that I make them a purple king size quilt for their bed, possibly a Dresden Plate Quilt. I'm contemplating replacement shoulder surgery sometime soon, so the sooner I get things done, the better I will feel. I will also work on items for a holiday fair, possibly in Nov., so I'm hoping I can do it a little at a time so that I won't be panicking at the end.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:56 PM

I have a PhD list for the year and then I set monthly goals. I break the monthly goals down by the week. I get more done that way.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:06 PM

First, I intend to get my sewing room organized, then work on UFO's.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:28 PM

I think it is time to write things down. I am planning to work on quilts for my nieces and nephews. I just signed up for a machine quilting class to help me reach this goal.

My son and aniece just both got engaged in the last two months. I would love to make them both bed size quilts. So I guess I better get busy. Good thing I am retiring in June.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
The quilt with my highest priority is making a reunion quilt for our bi-annual family quilt for the July 4th reunion. Then my DS and DDL have requested that I make them a purple king size quilt for their bed, possibly a Dresden Plate Quilt. I'm contemplating replacement shoulder surgery sometime soon, so the sooner I get things done, the better I will feel. I will also work on items for a holiday fair, possibly in Nov., so I'm hoping I can do it a little at a time so that I won't be panicking at the end.
what kind of rehab time does that replacement shoulder take? I just got another new knee and while I can sit and sew for about 1 hr periods at a time, standing to do lots of cutting or working on long arm are still very difficult-my goal is to be able to do some charity, simple edge-to-edge quilting in the next 2-3 weeks, then put on a quilt of my own to do a panto, then hopefully I will be ready to do a customer quilt that is being very patient. and then I have another of my own quilts that has to be done by end of Feb latest. I've got an art quilt ready to tackle on the cutting board, and have promised my DD a storm at sea by her first anniversary (Sept). And I want to quilt a chair cover by end of June. all that being said, I always have other projects creep into my "schedule"!