Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year ahead >

New Year ahead

New Year ahead

Old 01-04-2015, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth View Post
Each month I have to come up with new ideas for the TV program. I like to read all your posts to get ideas.THANK YOU ALL
Huh? Who are you? what TV show?......does moderator know we are being "watched"?
Old 01-04-2015, 08:04 AM

I've resolved to have zero deadlines this year; quilting has started to feel like a chore due to so many (self imposed) deadlines last year so THIS year I'm just having fun with it. It's changed my whole perspective and I feel so much happier going into the quilting room already!

I started a set of potholders last night and it's been so much fun. We're "redoing" our kitchen (mostly cleaning & organizing, plus new sink & counters) and some of our pot holders are just awful and they're all mismatched. I'm making 8 large square ones (4 thick for the oven, 4 thin for microwave), and as soon as I find or figure out a pattern, 3-4 of those ones that slip right over the handle of a skillet. Then with the scraps, a couple extra thick placemat-ish sized ones to put on the table under hot casserole dishes. And they'll all MATCH. ("Hearty Good Wishes" by Moda...love this fabric!) And if I have enough left (or can find some more), maybe an apron for me after all that.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:12 AM

ya'll sound like very busy quilters. Reading all of your "to do's" makes me feel pressured. Well one thing I don't do is actually quilt my pieces as I don't have a machine to do that on a large scale. So I tie my quilts the old fashioned way. I know sometimes we do have to take time out for ourselves and make something nice for ourselves as sorta reward for all the time and talent we spend on doing projects for others. As for the ladies who are facing surgery or re cooperation from surgery etc. I wish for a speedy recovery. One thing I know is I will never have a replacement type surgery but that is just me. God gave me my parts and if they wear out, then so be it. I will try to maneuver around the best I can with what I have left still working. Guess im just a big ole chicken s..t when it comes to doctors etc. My best wishes for all in this coming year and many happy quilts be born.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:58 PM

Well the first thing I want to do is invite all of you who are planning to work on UFOs to come join us in the 2015 UFO Challenge of the month. Here is the link: http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...h-t258962.html
We are a like minded group who encourage, and support one another in the process of getting those UFOs out and done!

I can't really make a list because my primary quilting is directed towards making comfort quilts. Any other project is automatically bumped when a comfort quilt is needed.
I do have 4 personal projects I would love to do this year, not to mention (ahem) more than a few PFFs waiting for my attention. PFFs is my name for UFOs. PFF= Projects for Future Fun! I want mine to feel more warm and loved than calling them UFOs seems to feel. Smilesssss... and hugssssss... and a very successful quilting 2015 to you all.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:48 PM

Just became Hospice chairman for our Guild Outreach program today. I am going to be very busy cutting fabric and putting together kits for the members to put together for donations. And I have entirely too many UFO that need to be finished! Of course I have already signed up for 2 classes thru our guild and am participating in a Mystery BOM. I think I have lost my mind!