Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year Mystery Quilt >

New Year Mystery Quilt

New Year Mystery Quilt

Old 12-31-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
Merry Mayham is also on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/MerryMayhemsMysteryQuilts They will be posting there and they will have a chat up on the site at http://www.planetpatchwork.com/ They will open links to that tomorrow.
i really didnt wanna haveta go on FB.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:15 AM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i really didnt wanna haveta go on FB.
Just so you know I have nothing to do with the facebook thing, here is the page from Planet Patchwork, it is their mystery, their call...

[TABLE="width: 80%"]
[TR]
[TD][h=1]Return of the Wonderful One-Day Mystery![/h][h=1]On Sunday, January 1, 2012, Planet Patchwork will hold another of its favorite events, the Wonderful One-Day Mystery. This much-anticipated day-long quiltfest features Inspector Merry Mayhem's latest mystery offering, "ChipsNStrips."[/h][h=1]On this day, beginning at 10:00 a.m. U.S. eastern time, Planet Patchwork will post hourly installments of the mystery. There are a total of 6 installments in this mystery, the first of which (fabric requirements and cutting instructions) is already posted. This means that five more will be posted on mystery day, with the last one posted at 2 p.m. [/h]Please note, you will not receive e-mail notification of the posting of new installments. You will simply come back to this page, where a link to the new installment will be posted at the bottom. If the link hasn't appeared, you will need to refresh your browser (ctrl-R) in order to bring it up.
During the mystery, we also hold door-prize drawings each hour for quilting books, patterns, and notions. Instructions for entering our door prize will be provided in our e-mailed Planet Patchwork Update, which you can subscribe to on our site.
If you want to participate in discussions of the mystery quilt and other features, visit and "Like" our Facebook page. We will be holding a chat on our Facebook page as well during the actual mystery.
As part of the mystery, we always post a gallery of finished tops done by you, at our flickr site. You can see some of the quilts made during previous mysteries at that site. Instructions will be provided at the end of the mystery for submitting a picture of your top.
[h=1]We do these mysteries twice a year or so, and you can find out about them and other items of interest from our site by signing up for our Planet Patchwork Update List. You can join the list athttp://planetpatchwork.com/update.htm.[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Old 12-31-2011, 11:16 AM

I am going to do this, too. I have plenty of fabric and several jelly rolls. Hummmm, what will I use???? Going now to pick out something.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
Just so you know I have nothing to do with the facebook thing, here is the page from Planet Patchwork, it is their mystery, their call...
i realize that you are not the purveyor of the FB issue. i meant that i did not want to go on FB to get clues. it appears that the FB is to chat and i don't really need to do that outside of this board. but those who love FB are free to do their thing.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i realize that you are not the purveyor of the FB issue. i meant that i did not want to go on FB to get clues. it appears that the FB is to chat and i don't really need to do that outside of this board. but those who love FB are free to do their thing.
Oh yeah, no, sorry, facebook is just where they are going to be chatting, between you and me, I am going to be much to busy sewing and yacking with my friend that is sitting next to me to spend my time on yacking facebook LOL

Old 12-31-2011, 12:24 PM

Well, I am in - if posting here makes me "in"! I suppose I just open the QuiltingBoard tomorrow morning and something will be there - right? I'm finishing up my cutting now so I hope so! Happy New Year's Eve everyone!
Old 12-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by VivianW View Post
Well, I am in - if posting here makes me "in"! I suppose I just open the QuiltingBoard tomorrow morning and something will be there - right? I'm finishing up my cutting now so I hope so! Happy New Year's Eve everyone!
Remember to open up Planet Patchwork as well for the installments of the clues

Old 12-31-2011, 12:58 PM

To all of you for a Prosperous, Joyous and Peaceful New Year 2012. May it be filled with love, laughter, happiness, health and plenty of new quilting projects.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Power Poster

And to keep it simple I think we will just continue doing the chatting here - and if we want we can open a second thread just for pics - how does that sound to everyone ?

I agree between here, my Mom and Sis - I think that covers all the chat I need last time I couldn't get the chat to work correctly anyways , so I won't even try this time
Old 12-31-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
And to keep it simple I think we will just continue doing the chatting here - and if we want we can open a second thread just for pics - how does that sound to everyone ?

I agree between here, my Mom and Sis - I think that covers all the chat I need last time I couldn't get the chat to work correctly anyways , so I won't even try this time
I agree with this. I don't have a Fb account so I would rather chat with people here than over there.