Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year Mystery Quilt >

New Year Mystery Quilt

New Year Mystery Quilt

Old 12-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Fabriclovr

Did the cuttin, sewing, pressing. Changed the needle in the machine and wound a fresh bobbin. Put water in the iron and have a fresh can of spray starch.. Here are my fabrics. I just pulled one of every color of moda marble I had in the drawer, we shall see what that looks like. May look totally scrappy, we shall see in just a few hours. I would like to keep the pictures in this thread, no need to open another one and have to switch back and forth to see what we are doing. JMHO

[ATTACH=CONFIG]299263[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0405.jpg  

Old 12-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
Fabriclovr- you are officially in charge of keeping tabs on the FB page
Okie Dokie!!

Old 12-31-2011, 05:08 PM

Hi all, and welcome Quossum, from a fellow Texan! I have just sat down for a rest, decided to finally clean out and organize my fabric room, and my sewing room (Yes, 2 rooms, I am a tad ashamed to say...). I was just afraid that my dh or if our ds comes by, one or both of them may call the "Hoarding, Buried Alive" show and nominate me!!..... I came on-line to buy more boards for fat quarter storage, and found this thread...as I have several jelly rolls too, I think it sounds like a great mystery quilt! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with..
Kif
I just have to say I am getting a big laugh about all the fabrics I have, and my signature saying about not being after too much...ACK!!...
Old 12-31-2011, 05:11 PM

I can't join in until after church but I'll try to keep up ... even if I'm only sewing vicariously through you folks! I do have 2 jelly rolls so we'll see how far I get with catching up to the rest of you!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
I can't join in until after church but I'll try to keep up ... even if I'm only sewing vicariously through you folks! I do have 2 jelly rolls so we'll see how far I get with catching up to the rest of you!
Remember, its not a race, its a quilt

Old 12-31-2011, 05:50 PM

I just finished cutting all my pieces. Yayyyy! Phew, it always takes me awhile to do that part of the quilting, and I end up getting impatient to start. I really do not have a stash, and i did not have a jelly roll, but I came up with odds and ends that people from this message board gave me. I also did not have any cream or beige for the background, but I found a light colored (almost a medium) fabric to use instead. Not much of a choice, but for me, this is the first time doing a mystery quilt and that is what mattered most. Even if mine turns out hideous to look at, I will not mind... I can always use it to take on picnics or to use as a play mat when I am watching my downstairs neighbor's kids. Lolll. I can not wait for tomorrow!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Fabriclovr

I love mystery quilts! Once you do one, you will want to do them all! I have even taken them at R2C where the homework took almost longer than the class did, but the quilt turned out wonderful.

You will love Love LOVE doing this!!

Old 12-31-2011, 06:14 PM

Fabriclovr, what is R2C?
Old 12-31-2011, 06:38 PM

Default Ready to sew!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I have to admit, it felt *so good* to get out the ol' rotary cutter and get to work. Had to brush some dust off the machine and wind a few bobbins, but now I'm ready for tomorrow.

Yes, that delightfully hideous duck fabric is for my back. You see, I suffer from a condition known as noveltyitis maximus in which I cannot keep myself from buying garishly patterned fabric, especially if it's on sale. Its sister condition, one-block-wondrous, with which I am also afflicted, helps somewhat, but the bottom line is that there's an awful lot of weird yardage around my house and not many nice, tame blenders.

The two darker fabrics on the right are potential bindings; I'll have to see which one looks better when the quilt takes shape.

I hope everyone posts pictures as we go along; I *love* seeing many different versions of the same pattern. It's amazing how the colors and values can make the whole quilt look completely different.

Ta for now--gonna relax with some eggnog and wait for next year!

--Q
Old 12-31-2011, 06:40 PM

Lolllll, Quossum!