Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year's Resolutions for 2010 >

New Year's Resolutions for 2010

New Year's Resolutions for 2010

Old 12-21-2009, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

ok, to get the new year's goals in writing>>>>> : )

1. ORGANIZATION !!! my oh my i am trying to get a head start on this one, since my sewing machine is down anyhow, might as well be getting that ole room cleaned up and organized for the new year!

2. finish UFO'S like Tiffany i would like to finish up some ufo's...my goal, to finish one for every new project i start.

3. to complete one (small-give away type project) each week...table runners, placemats, candlemats, pillow cases...

4. to enter at least 2 contests/shows/challenges in 2010.

5. to take at least 1 class a quarter

6. learn at least one new technique

7. volunteer 1 day a week at the local women's resource center, (maybe teach someone to sew :) )

ok, i was going for 10, but guess 7 fills my plate well enough :)
Old 12-21-2009, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
Tiffany,
I love the idea of finishing a UFO each month - I know I have more than 12 so it'd work for me. Last year I set out with goals in mind - I did finish some of them... others, well, not so much... I'll start with One UFO per month - - - thanks.
that sounds like a great idea
Old 12-21-2009, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
ok, to get the new year's goals in writing>>>>> : )

1. ORGANIZATION !!! my oh my i am trying to get a head start on this one, since my sewing machine is down anyhow, might as well be getting that ole room cleaned up and organized for the new year!

2. finish UFO'S like Tiffany i would like to finish up some ufo's...my goal, to finish one for every new project i start.

3. to complete one (small-give away type project) each week...table runners, placemats, candlemats, pillow cases...

4. to enter at least 2 contests/shows/challenges in 2010.

5. to take at least 1 class a quarter

6. learn at least one new technique

7. volunteer 1 day a week at the local women's resource center, (maybe teach someone to sew :) )

ok, i was going for 10, but guess 7 fills my plate well enough :)
Phew! I feel exhausted just reading yours!! Good luck :)
Old 12-21-2009, 10:36 AM

Ok here is my list of goal:
1. to make one complete (start to finish) quilt every 3 months.
2. to finish one ufo a month (I like that idea)
3. to stop procrastinating, that is what got me in this mess I have now.... which leads to....
4. clean out the clutter... I have saved stuff for 30 years, I have a small house now and need to rid myself of this mess.
5. lose weight. I have a lot of that saved up!!!!

Having it in writing may push me to complete it.
We need to revisit this in 3 months and see how many of us are on track!!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by redrummy
Ok here is my list of goal:
1. to make one complete (start to finish) quilt every 3 months.
2. to finish one ufo a month (I like that idea)
3. to stop procrastinating, that is what got me in this mess I have now.... which leads to....
4. clean out the clutter... I have saved stuff for 30 years, I have a small house now and need to rid myself of this mess.
5. lose weight. I have a lot of that saved up!!!!

Having it in writing may push me to complete it.
We need to revisit this in 3 months and see how many of us are on track!!!!
I like #5....I also have a fair bit saved up. LOL We started a "Monday weigh-in" at work a few months ago. No one has to say how much they have lost, or gained, but just knowing you are not trying to do it alone really helps.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:43 PM

I made a resolution years ago to not make any more resolutions. It is the only one I have ever kept. That being said..........I want to finish a quilt I have on the frame and make a baby quilt for my neice who is expecting her first baby on my birthday!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:56 AM

We could start a thread for UFO completion. No other membership rules, just try to do a UFO a month and then post pictures
Old 12-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Banned

This should be a good one, I am very goal oriented by nature.

1. Studio addition, I need to start and finish the addition to my studio and have a place to hold my growing collection of memorabilia and sewing machines

2. Add to my collection of sewing machines, try to buy the ones that are on my wish list before they are too hard to find.

3. Add to my fabric stash

4. Make a lap quilt just for me

5. Expand the amount of sewing machines in my arsenal to use for quilting

6. Keep learning more techniques and applying them to the quilts that I make

Now for the non quilting version...........

1. Buy a vintage Tractor and restore it

2. Find and buy a late 30's or 40 something pick up truck to use as my main mode of transportation for the farm and running to town to get what ever I need.

3. Start building the new family homestead so that my FIL can live in the house that is already there and he can be looked after and still have some independence.

Billy
Old 12-22-2009, 11:12 AM

I would like to complete 6 quilts this year for family/friends and 12 smaller for the hospital.

I also along with DH are going to plan more and FOLLOW through with our plans. No more being lazy! heh
Old 12-22-2009, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
We could start a thread for UFO completion. No other membership rules, just try to do a UFO a month and then post pictures
I think this is an excellent idea!!!

Speaking of UFOs, I've got one down on my sewing machine right now. Darn thing is due Jan 4th & I really need to get it finished. I've got most of the quilting done but I can't seem to find a marking pen that will work with the outer border. I've tried white, yellow, and blue, but none of those shows up enough for me to follow the lines. It's a civil war fabric in green, black, and white so I would have thought the blue or yellow would have worked but no such luck. Now I need to go find a red chalk pencil and see if that will work. If not, I guess I'll mark it from the back and just sew it from there.

Billy, those are some ambitious goals! I envy you being on a farm. I hate (HATE!!!) living in town and not having the space I'm used too. I find being in town is too noisy and at night it is too bright. Still, considering that many people don't have homes right now I shouldn't complain. I do miss looking out my window and seeing land instead of my neighbor at his kitchen sink. :|