Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

Has anyone given any thought to their resolutions for the New Year?

Mine is to finish any UFOs before starting another project. I failed this year but seeing as I am retiring from the workforce next year maybe I'll succeed this time.

Seasons Greetings to all.

Organize my sewing room. Although I hope to get started next week and have it done by the end of this year. Then get some UFOs done and more sewing time.

kbs
    I can't keep resolutions, but guess I'll try again to lose 15 pounds, get my sewing caught up, only go to the fabric shop when I really need something, ok guess that wont work.

Blog Entries
    Finish more than I start and not buy fabric haphazardly...on a whim.

Mine HAS to be "no more fabric buying for 6 months" I have to get busy and clean my space and get organized :!: :!: :!:

Expect less from people.

Since I am terrible at keeping NY's resolutions, this year I resolve to gain 20 pounds. (Hey, if I fail as usual I'll come out lighter by 2012!)

I chose last year to reslove to not make any resolutions and guess what!! I made it!! always feel like I let myself down if I break them.

Every year I say I'm going to do my best to use what I have before buying more. I do this with my fabric, scrap booking supplies and other craft supplies. I think 2010 I did the best I've ever done! So I'm hoping 2011 will be even better. I really do not have more room for anything - I need to use what I've got!

I don't bother with New Year resolutions, just a waste of time.

I resolve to make more quilts.

Blog Entries
    I am making the resolution to get my sewing room all set up :D:D:D

I don't make resolutions, but I do make plans for what I would like to accomplish. Making resolutions seems to set me up for failure. This year I hope to finally come up with a plan for my daughter's Purdue quilt. I have purchased more than ample fabric over the past two years so that is not a problem. My stumbling block:) is that she sketched a design that is hard to develop with basically two colors. It's also queen size, but she would like the drop to be a little longer. I'm hoping to talk her into a bed skirt instead. I used to make them for an interior designer and think I remember how I did it...no pattern. I really hoping I can manage large amounts of fabric again.

Maybe I should make a resolution to not ramble on so much.:) Oops, forgot about the failure thing!

Mine is to lose weight and live healthy. I really have to find a way to do it this year, as my knees are really giving me problems.

I'm going to work harder at getting my home business going and be able to quit my job outside the home.

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    Quilting Resolutions:

o re-fold my fabrics via the tute.

o Sew my scraps (can no longer close the scrap bin drawer!) into string quilts (via bonnie hunter)

o do Not make decisions to create quilts for personal occasions (i.e., birthdays, holidays, etc...). Just enjoy the quilting process and the learning of new techniques. I need a year of that.

o treat my WIPs as BOMs.

Try to get the house organized enough so I can set up my sewing room - so I can use all the beautiful patterns I have found that I want to make with all the gorgeous fabric I have in my stash

Also lose weight - so I can fit in more than 2 pairs of jeans in my walkin closet

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinghere
    Finish more than I start and not buy fabric haphazardly...on a whim.
    Ditto! I did do pretty much this for 2010 but I will keep it the same for 2011.

Kyia

yes! I intend to make myself some quilts this year, and some Christmas themed quilts, embroidered quilts, and table and tree things. I always quilt for other family members, and still have more to go. Maybe I can have it all finished by next Christmas.

Blog Entries
    To finish half my UFO's. Use mostly fabric from my stash, instead of buying new. LOL

This year I lost my sewing room and in its place gained a MIL, so I need to find a new place to sew! I am going to try to keep to one project at a time with the limited space I have!

I joined the moratorium of "no buying material, patterns, etc (only needles, thread and that kind of stuff allowed) so that is my resolution. Oh yes, to finish all UFOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    I chose last year to reslove to not make any resolutions and guess what!! I made it!! always feel like I let myself down if I break them.
    Hear, hear. Can I get back to you on that say in about 2 months like V-Day. Happy New Year, 2011.

community benefactor Conniequilts's Avatar
    I make them and am going to actually work hard at keeping them this year. They are going to be difficult ones so wish me luck!

Good Luck - I was told that one does not have as much time after retirement as thought. I retired last year, am loving it, but am not getting as many projects done as expected. With the prices of good fabric sky-rocketed, I resolve to finish projects and try to use up my stash. Sounds good, doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast