Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: News Flash!!! Day chats are going to try having a class together....

Your table runners all look fab :thumbup: . Sounds like you all had a lot of fun too, Thankyou so much to Debbie and Mimi for making it happen :P . Am going to try and make the Tuesday class, will have to use a substitute for the cotton batt tho, so that should be interesting :lol: . Am thinking of using an old blanket, will hold it's shape well, be easy to sew thru several layers and has been washed a million times so won't shrink, I think poly batt might be a little puffy for this project, what do you think.

I think that would work well ShellyQ. Even flannel washed several times would make a wonderful batting. Hope you make the tuesday class.

Debbie

I like yours too, Ruth. Am going to make a Xmas one also and only use the two fabrics. Wish I would have thought of that!! Took me awhile trying to find scraps to use. :evil:

I used poly batting, I was very careful to only touch down on the fabric and did not set my iron on as hot as usual. I had a half yard of red, and a half of the green. Then a half yard for back. I used some solid green strips for binding. I made binding by cutting strips one and a half inches. I pressed under a quarter inch on one side. I sewed the raw edge side to the back then flipped it over and sewed it down on front :D This was a fun project, good for all experience levels. I can't wait to see what is next. :D

Best of luck for a speedy recovery Shadow Dancer.

Connie, Nice Job! I love the colors. That baby is huge! I hope you still have some fabric left or you might have to go shopping! :lol:

These are all wonderful! I'm going to have to go back and re-look at my strips of scraps and see what I can come up with. I want to do them all. I had made up my mind but after looking at everyone's beautiful table runners I am more indecisive than ever!!! Fall? Spring? Christmas? Pastel or brights? HELP!! :shock:

Gosh these are coming out so nice, I want to make one for fall. My kitchen table is red.so i have to make one with red or use a table cloth under. I want something I can use through thanksgiving.......any ideas. I could applique a red turkey lol :wink:

Thank YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somehow I missed this part.

"See you" Tuesday - 8 PM

Blog Entries
    Ruth, maybe some fabric that has some red fruit or vegetables in it, that also has some fall colors in it?

Ruth, Haven't you heard? Red is a neutral! Your table will look lovely with a runner with lots of yellows, oranges, browns and a few beiges. Just a little red, perhaps. Some fall florals (mums) and/or fruits. Oh, yes. Perhaps I should make that one too.
    :wink: I'm just greedy! I want to make them ALL!

Blog Entries
    Ruth, I just came across this fabric and it has red, light brown, cream, green.... thought about you when I seen it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/QUILT-QUILTING-FABRIC-CRANSTON-COUNTRY-BLUE-FLORAL_W0QQitemZ120169454369QQihZ002QQcategoryZ712 08QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sharon, the class sounds fun!! I can do better with Friday's Sats or Mondays.. Love to be part of the class.

Sharon aka Susan

Debbie, Hi I Will you share how you did the one with the snowman in the middle. I like the way it comes to points. :D

I can't believe no one else has posted their table runner in the last few days!

I am posting mine (again) now that it has the binding on it, and you can see my fabric I used on the back. I think mine is much smaller than some of the others!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very pretty Wendy! I think it would look good turned over too. Can you believe we quilted?!!

Wendy Hi, I didn't get a chance to finish mine yet. Was really busy after the class till this evening. But I will post as soon as done. How large is yours. It does not look that small. It is very pretty.

Blog Entries
    Good Job Wendy! Love the fabrics you chose, front, back and binding :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaRae
    Wendy Hi, I didn't get a chance to finish mine yet. Was really busy after the class till this evening. But I will post as soon as done. How large is yours. It does not look that small. It is very pretty.
    Mine is about 3 feet by 2.

Hey to you in Greenville! I have a great uncle and aunt there. They used to own Lees Department store until they retired.

Hey, And I am originally from Fl. (Miami), and I have friends that live in Tampa, Bradenton, and St.Pete. Small world. Do you ever visit your relatives here? Greenville is growing really fast. Anywho - Your runner isn't much smaller. Mine is 43" long so just 7" longer then yours. I did a Christmas one. Well I guess instead of chatting I should be sewing so I can post a picture. :?

Lin, I like yours alot. The next one I am going to do that way! :D

Wow, I just went through and saw everyones. They ALL are just awesome. Now I really gotta finish and start my next one. :D

lin
    Thanks DonnaRae. :) I'm giving it to my son tomorrow. It's a surprise. I hope he likes it! I went ahead and did a little quilting in that center block. I just know with their two little kids it won't last a day without a washing. :lol:

I can't believe no one else has posted their table runner in the last few days!

I am posting mine (again) now that it has the binding on it, and you can see my fabric I used on the back. I think mine is much smaller than some of the others!
    WONDERFUL !!!! Would love to see examples from others!!! Wery pretty, Wendy !!!!

Joan

Lin,
    Like you, I did some quilting in the center block, but it doesn't show. The fabric is too busy. It does show up well on the back, though.

Your project is really colorful; very pretty. I'm sure your son and his children will love it for Halloween.

Connie

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast