Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Nifty Fifty Blue 2000 >

Nifty Fifty Blue 2000

Nifty Fifty Blue 2000

Old 07-31-2019, 08:33 AM

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I have so much to share but have to away to work. Get this, my Y2K turned up! I can't believe it, I've been crying off and on for the last 24 hours. We were cleaning out the linen closet as I needed my Dear Jane quilt and viola! There it was hiding in the back of the bottom of the closet! Buried under a ton of stuff we don't need!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-31-2019 at 09:40 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-31-2019, 09:00 AM

Yay Wendy, I'm so happy you found it. I know it's been on your mind and heavy on your heart. And I'm glad that it didn't literally fall on your head

I've been searching my stash for a particular piece of fabric, haven't found it but I did find a lost project bag that had fallen behind the shelves.

BTW, I found some of the sparkly night sky cityscape fabric from Y2K if you need just a bit more of that sort of thing.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:16 AM

I was so sad about loosing it and had finally just given up on it. I was just searching for a back right now and was lamenting the fact that I'd just used up the fabric for my y2k. Can you believe I dreamt of it! I'd love to have more of any of the 2000 fabric, what would you like in return? PM me your snail mail addy and request. Now I really have to get to work before it piles up on me. :-) Have a great day.

And too... where is your favorite place to shop on line for fabric?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-31-2019 at 09:41 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-31-2019, 09:23 AM

Nothing in return! We shall continue this in private messages.

I usually start at equilter.com, I've always had great service from them and find their prices good/competitive with quilt stores in my area even including postage, I like that they have a donation program and you can pick your charity (or not, up to you). Like the other on-line sites I've ordered from when you order a yard you get exactly 36", no extra thumbwidth. But it's always been very fast and the one time there was a delay I got an email message alerting me to the expected ship date which was only 2 days later than it should have been. I've gotten a couple of their scrap packs and for my purposes they were wonderful!
https://www.equilter.com/category/38...se-scrap-packs

Then I go to Amazon to search for my stranger requests. Different vendors but a couple of times Fields in Michigan had exactly what I was looking for.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:07 AM

Oooooh EQuilter scrap packs,,, three of them in my cart already.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:29 PM

You done did good. Terrific looking quilt.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-31-2019 at 05:50 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 08-05-2019, 08:10 AM

Thanks so much. Loads has happened since I did this and I need to make an update to my status, just need like 3 more days in a 24 hour period.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:51 AM

Default Y2K found!

I'm thrilled to report in that my Y2K quilt was found,,, in the least likely place, the linen closet, on the floor with a touch of water damage from the humidifer. But it's been found. I have a short video and even though it's like a day later, I'm crying again. What a nut! I can't believe it but yeah, I blubbered like a baby. DD and I were going through the closet for the first time in 13 years and tossing stuff that we didn't like/weren't going to use. We tossed all the afghans made from acrylic, quite a heap, kept all the wool ones and encased them in plastic. So down at the bottom is the humidifier and I told her oh just leave it cause I was getting sicker and just wanted to sit (SLE). But she continued and underneath was my baby.

Here it is all laid out for you to see. It's about twin sized here but...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616392[/ATTACH]

As you can see, I have a lot more work to get done. Can you believe! 20 years in this box, moved from home to home as we wandered up north. I'm shocked that it's here, let alone in relatively good shape. I made a green block, found it a plastic box and have rolled the blocks up to rearrange and make another block to slip between all of these.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616394[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2702.jpg   img_2703.jpg   img_2703.jpg  
Old 08-20-2019, 07:54 AM

Sorry can't figure out how to delete the attached??? photos? No idea how I did it.

BTW, the siggies, irreplaceable! Before I didn't know what do do with them, now I do... they will be going into the border in a special place of interest. And let me add... good thing the papers made it through the years or I'd be in Trouble. Yes, capital T.

See all the triangles off the photo on the left? The box was full of the strings of sewn triangles so it was easy to make up the green block. Not sure what I was thinking with this quilt as there are 2 different blocks,,, I have only made one type. Perhaps this set was to be the 2nd type of block? I will have to see if there is any way to salvage some of my brain to figure that out.

And.... I have only some of the 2000 fabric left cause just before I found the Y2K I worked up my NF2000 and used it for the sashing. Ugh and LOL cause yeah,,, just my luck.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-20-2019 at 10:58 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 08-20-2019, 08:08 AM

Well, good for you both. You found your quilt. That's wonderful.