Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No Goodwill Fabric Here :-( >

No Goodwill Fabric Here :-(

No Goodwill Fabric Here :-(

Old 04-01-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by JulieR
The Frederick, MD, Goodwill doesn't usually have fabric either. Thank goodness for Craigslist!
Craigslist has fabric?

The Frederick, MD, Goodwill doesn't usually have fabric either. Thank goodness for Craigslist!
Craigslist has fabric?

Craigslist has fabric?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar
Sorry ladies, wished you lived in Jacksonville, FL. We have several Goodwill stores here but our favorite is the Goodwill Pound Store. They sell everything by the pound..Things are in bins that are on rollers which they exchange several times a day. In other words refilled. Things come in from other stores, some with new tags still attached. Today I got several good like new pocket novels, 3 blouses, toys for my puppy and etc. They have everythings and anything, baby clothes, materials, linens, electronic items, bins of shoes, purses, house wares, you have to dig in the bins which are not too deep but its a fun day if you like things of that sort. Anyhow my bill today was $6.34..My visiting DIL got 5 medical scrub tops, sweater, several blouses and a few books. Her bill was $8.??. Quiltingjaguar in FL
They have one like that in Salem OR that I went to on vacation. It was a blast, my daughter and I had a ball. Even sending home UPS the things we got was cheaper than if we bought it anywhere else.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:23 PM

Which Goodwills do you go to in MN? I am from SW MN, and have not found any fabric at the Goodwill stores in my area.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by jillaine
Inspired by all the wonderful "look what I got!!!" posts, I tracked down the closest Goodwill store to me-- it's the one in Rockville, MD on Boiling Brook Pkwy (don't we have great names here?)

NO fabric-- I asked two different people.

BUT I did come away with a 100% wool thigh-length winter jacket for $4.00 (it's supposed to snow here tomorrow night), 2 100% cotton, good-condition dress shirts for the DH for $10, and a pair of bar stools (with the woven seats) for $15.
I love that fabric in your avatar - I wanted to make something with it, but can't figure out what...so still haven't bought any. Of course you are "from" California we have the best fruit!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by aborning
Which Goodwills do you go to in MN? I am from SW MN, and have not found any fabric at the Goodwill stores in my area.
Go to Yellowpages.com Or maybe I found this on MapQuest, but either one do this:
search for thrift stores in towns or counties near you.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by LindaaJR
The Goodwill I go to in Thurmont MD is hit and miss on fabric. I find the prices of everything is way up. I go senior discount day and only buy things on sale unless something is priced a reasonable price. They have fabric but is usually uphostery type.
I forgot about the GW in Thurmont!

Also, holy crow you're close to me - I'm in Emmitsburg! :)
Old 04-01-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mesissy
Craigslist has fabric?
Shoot, I'm convinced Craigslist has everything. LOL Mostly I find things in Arts + Crafts, but also check Household, General and Free.

I've gotten countless yards this way. My last haul was over 20 yards of fabric and four giant books of patterns for $20. The one before that was three large bags and a box of scraps for $5. On Sunday I'm visiting a woman's studio (with my husband - be safe, please!) because posted on CL that she wants to de-stash -- at $1 to $2 a yard, for hundreds of yards!

It's not everyday that such things come along but you really never know. Happy hunting!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by LindaaJR
The Goodwill I go to in Thurmont MD is hit and miss on fabric. I find the prices of everything is way up. I go senior discount day and only buy things on sale unless something is priced a reasonable price. They have fabric but is usually uphostery type.
I forgot about the GW in Thurmont!

Also, holy crow you're close to me - I'm in Emmitsburg! :)
LOL I am in Fairfield PA Go thru Emmitsburg almost every day to McDonalds and Jubilee or to Thurmont. My DD lives in Emmitsburg.