Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
not liking my new sewing machine >

not liking my new sewing machine

not liking my new sewing machine

Old 12-08-2010, 05:46 AM

You May need to get an Edit progam Like Embird how do designs get to the mahine Does it have a usb there are 2 types the little house type make it like a extra drive on the computer the Flat Rectangle type you can use the little Usb drives If it uses a card I recomend getting a Vikant Ultimate Box and card they work great
Old 12-08-2010, 05:59 AM

Oh that's too bad. Yes, I agree, take it back and 'test drive' machines until you find the one you love. They are much too expensive to not be thrilled with how they operate!!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by uniquelynancy
I had the same thing happen only I bought a Baby Lock Quilters choice. It's so hard to program! and I don't like the off-set needle and I wanted to make labels too and found it's too hard! Next I bought a new mechanical Bernina that looked exactly like my old one. I love my OLD one but they cheapened the new one and the feet are awful! THere's no up and don't needle control with the foot pedal anymore. Horrible zipper foot!
I too am shocked you wore out a Bernina :shock: :D You must really sew a lot! I got one of the new Bernina 3 Series as a travel machine. No needle up/down on the pedal which is one of the features I love on my 730...BUT I found out if I plug the foot pedal from my 730 into my 330, the up/down feature works. I talked to my dealer and can get a used pedal with the up/down feature for about $40. Will do that after Christmas, for right now I just grab the 730's pedal and pack it when I take my 330 anywhere.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I have the Brother PE 770 and I love it. I asked a lady here on the board if she would make the PES file for my label. I am getting software for Christmas to make a lot of new pretties with my machine. Also I am getting a new set of hoops, a smaller one 4x4 and the bigger one 5 x 12 and a little bitty thing 1.5 x 2.
I ordered a PE 770 this week and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. What software will you be getting? I had purchased the Brother SE 400, but decided I wanted a bigger hoop so sent it back.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:32 AM

I say go with your gut feeling . Reviews on it were varied that I saw, but it was consistent about the display being hard to read and the embroidery area being too small and too hard to download software.You'll know within a day or two of use. Listen to your gut feeling it is usually right. :thumbup:
Old 12-08-2010, 06:42 AM

There is a ____ on the letters & numbers and that is your space. At least it is on mine. Mine is a Baby Lock but my friend has a Brother and it is the same.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:51 AM

Did you get any classes? If you bought it from a Big Box Store that is a mistake. Go to a dealer and try the machines. Perhaps there is a used one that would do your labels. Then you will get a lesson or class and help when you need it. ;-)
Old 12-08-2010, 06:56 AM

It's only a short time using your new machine. Give it a while and maybe you will change your mind. Sometimes it takes time getting used to something new. Good luck! Let us know how you feel a month from now. It will be interesting to see if it has grown on you.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:57 AM

I can't wait to see if it has warmed up to you yet. :)
Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 AM

I have a Brothers also and the manual stinks. Hopefully, there is a way to get a space and someone on the "board" can help you. Have always loved the Brother's products, but not so much any more. I am taking my Pfaff in to the dealer for service. Hopefully, they can fix my stitch timing so that I can FMQ. If not, I guess I am in for a spendy shopping day. Good Luck