Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Not my color scheme >

Not my color scheme

Not my color scheme

Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 PM

I have a friend that really wants me to make her a quilt. So I'm actually going to make a wall hanging or large mini. I asked her what her colors were, since I haven't been up to Canada in over 10 yrs. She used to be burgandy and green, that would have been great, I could start a quilt tonight, but her colors are light and dark browns/beige with bright red accent. I'd like to make her something special ( I was in her wedding) but nothing is coming to me to work on. Is this a new color scheme I dont know about, or just her taste. And I really don't have any red fabric except Christmas designs. Any ideas???????
Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM

This color combination would look great as a log cabin: reds in the center, beiges-light browns on one side, medium-dark browns on the other. I've been collecting fabrics to make one like that for the past year or so.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:47 PM

those colors sound really great to me. i agree with log cabin with red center, shades of browns on one side, beiges on the other
Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Banned

The colors sound sort of like Civil War fabrics. Keepsake Quilting has some samples in their catalogue and in my neck of the woods some of the quilt shops are doing some Civil War BOMs this year. If you google "civil war fabric" it will show some fabrics that might work for you
Old 01-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

Log cabin is an excellent idea. In fact, I think most patterns could be made with this combination.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

A D9P would be good also.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:07 PM

The next quilt I make is going to be those colors.
I am making a baby quilt for a friend's daughter right now. I made a quilt for her when she got married a few years ago. Now, the son is getting married and my friend told me that Traci (bride) is expecting a quilt. I told her that I didn't think about making one for Traci because Traci's grandmother quilts. My friend, Julie said 'Traci love the quilt you made for Jamie and is hoping to get one'. Of course I will make one for Traci. I asked about her colors and Traci's colors are red and chocolate. Not pinky red, not orangy red or purply red but red red. I did find some valentine red and then some chocolate. I can't find any red red/chocolate together.
As soon as I get the baby quilt done, I'm going to start the red and chocolate quilt from a pattern in The Quilter magazine.
I hope you get yours done and posted before I start, so I can see how the red and chocolate look together.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:34 PM

I like actually her color combo, but i would instead of light red add a Bordeaux kind of red that is deep...Just a thought.

Faten
Old 02-04-2011, 09:11 AM

Well it's done, and posted on another thread, so I'll post it here. It actually still needs quilted and the binding. But the piecing is done. It's Rhonda's Lillie block. I'm addicted to her blocks.

Wall hanging for my friend
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164457[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-164452.jpe  
Old 02-04-2011, 09:15 AM

I love her color scheme!! That's what I have in my home!