Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Not a newbie, but acting like one!

We are SISTERS! That sounds like me. When 1 thing goes wrong more oopsies will follow! I really like the outcome though ;-)

Suzy

Blog Entries
    I like the looks of it also-chalk it up to trying and next time-lay the block out on a design wall before you sew-this way you can change it to something you like without the mess of ripping and headaches-Sorry that's what I do

Blog Entries
    Boy, have I been there? Glad I am not the only one. Of course lat time I tried to do this I just gave up and started over with new fabric. Then I just took all the random blocks and put them together. HA I beat it into submission.

gin
    now I do not feel so all alone - things like this happen to all of us -- thanks for sharing

Blog Entries
    Very nice quilt. You have been very clever and inventive in getting rid of all the "warts". We all make mistakes and some of us can't even blame it on rum.

Blog Entries
    You had a rough time, but it sure turned out nice. Great colors too!
    Bonnie

Whatever problems you had, you made an excellent recovery. The quilt is just precious and I love your color choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    LOL this is almost like a tutorial! Bless your heart. I must say it is very pretty and bright and I like it no matter what!
    I loved this! And sooooo relate - all good things come to those that are quilters!
    Quilting makes me happy!..

"Don't mix rum and rotary cutters,"
    Words of wisdom from faykilgore.
    Some blocks were too small
    Big pinwheels made her bawl
    So she ripped 'til her fingers were sore.

LOL. As a beginner, I was surprised that even an experienced quilter could have bad days. The lesson I learned from you was don't give up. Your inventiveness was amazing and encouraging. Thanks for sharing with us.
    jean

For all the aggrevation your quilt turned out AOK.

LOL, Your ongoing adventure sounds like me insisting on working on a quilt during a fibro flare. I know it's going to go just like yours did, so why do I persist? I blame it on the fog!! One does just keep on keeping on, doesn't one? You go girl!
    I always save all those little unusable bits for scrappys at another time. Hugssssssssss
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

You deserve a huge award for your persistence. I suspect mine would have been folded neatly in the back of the closet or in the trash. . . Your persistence has paid off, by the way, 'cause it looks good. We see far more when we look at our quilts than others do. Quilted and bound, someone will love it.
    I hope you cat raising and motorcycling are going better.

Ditto, on liking it whether you finish it or not...hang in there! As long as you learned something from the adventure I wouldn't say it's a lost cause!!

You have a wonderful, wonderful sense of humor. I actually laughed out loud as I was cringing. I think the only way I've maintained my sanity through my life -- and through my quilting experiences --is because I can see the funny side in almost everything. Everything? Not quite, I guess. Anyway, your quilt is very nice and I hope you get it finished by 2020.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3