Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Not sure what I did wrong. >

Not sure what I did wrong.

Not sure what I did wrong.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:55 AM

By the way, if you do decide to cut it make sure you add 1/2 inch after you decide how large you want the squares to be to account for the seaming.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947 View Post
Love the fabric you used♥ You have the option to make it your design. I like it when a vertical strip is added off center. Some possibilities http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAg&dur=640 and http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/popup...lts_id/1017354
I love some of these options to break it up.

I really think your quilt looks great!! I wouldn't make it smaller on purpose. When I made me "babies" theor quilts there were 42x60 and my babies are now 12 years old and they use them to cover up in front of the tv. I like quuilts that can grow with you...
Old 07-29-2013, 01:06 PM

Thank you all so much for the tips and suggestions it is really going to help me to finish it. I will post a pic when it is complete.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:50 AM
TMK

Hey Rick....My guild here in Malone had our race at quilt camp this past winter. It was pretty fun. Did take some prep to get the length of strips to lay flat all the way through. Our winner did it in less than 28 minutes. I came in 3rd at 34 minutes. O you belong the the guild there. TMK
Old 07-31-2013, 06:32 AM

It looks good, even if it wasn't quite what you wanted it is still a nice one. By all means finish it. You could add an applique somewhere to make even more different.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:43 AM

I don't see a thing wrong. Finish it. You'll be surprised how good it looks. Put a pretty border on it and it'll be a good one.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:05 AM

I was going to suggest what Barny did - add a border. If you'd like it to be more square, just cut it to the length you want and then add borders all around. You can then unsew the strips you've cut off, sew them end to end and use them as binding which will bring the whole thing together.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:12 PM

Rick, I think it looks great! One thing that might have changed things is that most jelly rolls are about 40 strips. I just quilted one and the sides were not straight. I quilted it and then trimmed it up. You could add a border if you wanted to make it wider. If you need to trim off some of the length 1st, I would use that in a pieced back.

I lived in Plattsburgh twice! My dad was stationed at the AFB the 1st time and the 2nd time we moved back there when my dad went to Vietnam. I went to Oak St Elementary and Plattsburgh JR high. My uncle moved there after the base was closed and lived in some of the base housing that had been renovated for seniors. I used to go to summer camp on Silver Lake. We could see Whiteface from the end of the lake. Miss the Adirondacks...lived in the desert for 20+ years! be sure to post a picture when you are finished!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:32 PM

The result depends on the length of the strips as well as how many you use. I think it's pretty, but it might be a little long and narrow for a crib. Babies don't sleep with blankets or quilts and such these days because of concerns about SIDS, so it will be used for "tummy time" on the floor, and maybe in the car or stroller. If you want to adjust the dimensions, you could use a seam ripper to take off several rows and maybe add a border. In fact, if you split it down the middle and added, say, 8" borders, you could have two nice little baby quilts. If you don't want the double rows, you could unstitch between them and turn one end 180 degrees. Whatever you decide, it will be fine, and someone will be thrilled to get it.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:55 PM

I like it the way it is!!!