Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Notre Dame Fabric >

Notre Dame Fabric

Notre Dame Fabric

Old 10-03-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
All I could ever find was fleece- I live in South Bend and trust me I have hunted high and low and just can't see spending the money they want for pjs or sheets to cut up :? Wish I could help
Are there sheets available in Notre Dame print?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

Just went to their book store and nope no sheets at the moment - I think your best bet right now is applique. Notre Dame is very protective of their logo and I think that is why the cotton fabric is so hard to find :cry:
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 PM

I tried one time to look for it and i only found fleece, and when i asked Joan's employees they told me it never came out in cotton.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:26 AM

You won't find ND cotton fabric anywhere. ND tightly controls how fabric with their trademark is used. Twenty years ago I bought some with the leprechaun on it at a local shop and was making schrunchies for a campus fundraiser. They found out about it, rushed over to the fabric store, pulled the fabric off the shelf and threatened to sue both the store and me. DO NOT appliqué or in any other manner produce their icons. If they find out about it they will confiscate it and sue you for copyright and trademark infringement. I am not joking. The cause for which you are making the project makes no difference to them. If you use their icons (including the phrase "fighting Irish") they will come after you. They are even suing Catholic schools that use "Fighting Irish" as their mascots, including the Indianapolis school that actually created the name and gave it to ND.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:00 AM

Wow! The response from tophgram about trademark infringement was both eye-opening and nerve wracking! I have a customer who would like a custom quilt with the "ND" letters appliquéd - I don't know what to do?!? Contact Notre Dame and request permission? I'm not using fabric with their image, just an appliqué with my own sketch of ND - any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
Old 07-27-2018, 04:33 AM

I tried to find that to make a quilt for Notre dame fanatics.....came up with nothing....you can get small amounts (e.g., the logo about 12" square) at ridiculous prices. I finally just matched the colors (which was also pretty hard) but you can get the color Pantone (?) numbers to match it up. Was going to get one logo for the center but the final quilt wouldn't have looked right with it......
Old 07-27-2018, 04:56 AM

Fleece would be nice. I make fleece throws by sewing top & bottom together like a pillowcase and turn right side out then stitch shut. Eliminates those ties which I hate and the throw folds up nicely.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:04 PM

would spoonflower print some?