Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Notre Dame Fabric

Does anyone on the QB know if there is Notre Dame fabric? I am wanting to make a quilt for a benefit for a five year old with very serious cancer. The little guy is a huge Notre Dame fan, but I am not having any luck finding fabric.

Blog Entries
    All I could ever find was fleece- I live in South Bend and trust me I have hunted high and low and just can't see spending the money they want for pjs or sheets to cut up :? Wish I could help

I searched too and didn't find anything. What about using their colors and making the ND logo in the middle like this:

http://www.creativequiltkits.com/not...quilt-kit.html

Blog Entries
    What about appliquing the logo ?

I found some fleece with Notre Dame on it...I am making it into a blankie for my brother-in-law...I don't remember where I got it but I remember that I googled it...maybe look for it under college fabric...Naomi...

I did find a fleece panel with ND in the center at Bear Paw quilting, but I really wanted to make something that is a real quilt. It seems they sell so much better at a benefit. I can't believe that no one has come up with ND fabric yet.

That is a thought. I am no good at applique but guess I could try.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    All I could ever find was fleece- I live in South Bend and trust me I have hunted high and low and just can't see spending the money they want for pjs or sheets to cut up :? Wish I could help
    Surely someone in the area knows how crazy quilters are for specific fabrics.

Quote Originally Posted by New Quilter
    I found some fleece with Notre Dame on it...I am making it into a blankie for my brother-in-law...I don't remember where I got it but I remember that I googled it...maybe look for it under college fabric...Naomi...
    Probably the same one I found at Bear Paw Quilting. It is nice but I had my heart set on regular cotton fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstitshmom
    I searched too and didn't find anything. What about using their colors and making the ND logo in the middle like this:

http://www.creativequiltkits.com/not...quilt-kit.html
    This is one I didn't find when I google searched.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    Are there sheets available in Notre Dame print?

Blog Entries
    Just went to their book store and nope no sheets at the moment - I think your best bet right now is applique. Notre Dame is very protective of their logo and I think that is why the cotton fabric is so hard to find :cry:

I tried one time to look for it and i only found fleece, and when i asked Joan's employees they told me it never came out in cotton.

You won't find ND cotton fabric anywhere. ND tightly controls how fabric with their trademark is used. Twenty years ago I bought some with the leprechaun on it at a local shop and was making schrunchies for a campus fundraiser. They found out about it, rushed over to the fabric store, pulled the fabric off the shelf and threatened to sue both the store and me. DO NOT appliqué or in any other manner produce their icons. If they find out about it they will confiscate it and sue you for copyright and trademark infringement. I am not joking. The cause for which you are making the project makes no difference to them. If you use their icons (including the phrase "fighting Irish") they will come after you. They are even suing Catholic schools that use "Fighting Irish" as their mascots, including the Indianapolis school that actually created the name and gave it to ND.