Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Now that Xmas of '09 is past, what's the plan for '10 >

Now that Xmas of '09 is past, what's the plan for '10

Now that Xmas of '09 is past, what's the plan for '10

Old 12-31-2009, 09:31 AM

I'm starting a new quilt to lay at the end of our bed. It will be in chocolate, reds, and creams to match our new decor; and will use the quilt as you go method. Just need to get started. Maybe today is the day!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:21 PM

Well this year I want to finish some of my UFO's and I want to also make some new things. I finished my sil's quilt last night so even tho its just New Years Eve. I'm looking at that for January's finished UFO. I also need to work on my co-workers quilt so I can give it to her soon.I would like to make table runners for my coworkers I think. My next door neighbor and i have become very good friends, last year i made a table runner for her, this year I have a kit for placemats I want to make her. They will match her colors nicely. My supervisor is retireing this year and I'm planning a quilt for her and for myself I'm going to start my hand piece sampler, that will be an onngoing project and no hurry to finish it.
Thats enough for now right...lol
Muriel
Old 01-01-2010, 04:57 PM

Jshep-
Connecting Threads has a nice free pattern section that might give you some ideas for gifts/sewing projects.
Hope that helps,
lots2do
Old 01-01-2010, 05:24 PM

I just put my DGD and DGS on a plane back home to Orlando. The parents went back on Tuesday. DGD and I stopped by a quilt shop on Tuesday and she fell in love with a zebra print. So..........

We bought that, some black with tiny white dots, and a variegated hot pink. That quilt top is already together using her design, very simple zebra center with two borders. What fun to have her help. I wish she was closer so I could teach her more.

Now it's back to the projects I have underway from before the holidays. :D :shock: :lol:
Old 01-02-2010, 01:08 AM

Well my sil and i got together for sewing this afternoon. I had planned to work on the placemats I want to make for my neighbor for her birthday next month, but when I got up today I just didn't feel like cutting out something new, so instead
I repaired a top I had made for my nephew several years ago shortly after first started quilting. It is a stack n whack and I had used a fish fabric, well after making the top I got this bright idea of applique some fish on it (now keep in mind this might of been my second project) after cutting and gluing (dumb, a lot of fish, I never do anything small...lol) I realized I wasn't happy with it, now they were glued on and I didn't know how to get them off so it went in the drawer for about 6 years or so I think.
Well earlier this year I finally pulled it back out and worked to get most of the fish off but then I had this residue from the glue on it so I decided what the heck it had been in the drawer all this time if I wrecked it by washing it I wasn't really losing anything so I washed it and the glue did come out, but then apparently I hadn't made consistent 1/4 inch seams all the way through so some spots needed repair, it sat again. I finally got it repaired today, believe me I can certainly tell it was one of my first pieces... not good work, but I thoguht my nephew is not going to care or even notice so I'm going to piece the back tomorrow and sandwich it, because of the repairs and things I don't want to send it out to be quilted so I will tie it. But it will finally get DONE... maybe he'll get it for his bday in April or I'll put it away for next Christmas either way I'm going to finish it soon.
Muriel
Old 01-02-2010, 01:13 AM

HI AkAngel

It's 4:10 in the wee hours of the morning here in Florida and I just said goodbye to son and DIL who are heading back to cold New Jersey....
and your last message popped online .so I decided to just say good morning to whomever was online at the moment....

so.....Good morning.........have a nice day (or whatever the time might be in your neck of the woods !!!!)

MaryJane
Old 01-02-2010, 06:27 AM

I'm going to try to get at least the 4 wip done, I have the fabrics together and the design for 6 more, a ton of scraps to organize and cut and hopefully make some small lap quilts to donate and probably enough fabric to make 50 or more quilts.LOL
Old 01-08-2010, 04:50 AM

I found a pattern on joanns.com for wine bottle jackets. They are so easy to make and are a great idea to give as gifts. I also made one to give the parents at a baby shower, to toast their new bundle once she arrives. I used the same fabric that I had used in the baby quilt.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:13 PM

I have at least 20 quilts and 5 tree skirts that I want to get done before next Christmas :roll: That isn't counting all of the little stuff in-between :lol: So I have already started. I have 2 tops done and a 3rd almost. Last year I finisher about 90% of my WIP's. I'm here to tell you, I am on a roll :thumbup: I just hope it keeps up :oops: It kind of scares me when things go this well :shock:
Old 01-09-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Honey
I have at least 20 quilts and 5 tree skirts that I want to get done before next Christmas :roll: That isn't counting all of the little stuff in-between :lol: So I have already started. I have 2 tops done and a 3rd almost. Last year I finisher about 90% of my WIP's. I'm here to tell you, I am on a roll :thumbup: I just hope it keeps up :oops: It kind of scares me when things go this well :shock:
You make me tired just listening to what you're already gotten done! Keep up the good work :thumbup: :D