Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh, no! It's gone! No one to blame but myself... >

Oh, no! It's gone! No one to blame but myself...

Oh, no! It's gone! No one to blame but myself...

Old 01-17-2016, 02:32 PM

Well it must be something in the air.......at Christmas I received Elf on the shelf, with 3 sweaters...........my Elf is cold, no sweaters to be found. Now we are talking what 3 weeks ........where would I of put the darn little things? I am scaring myself...........calla

And use from the stash, isn't that collectible items never to be used?
Old 01-17-2016, 03:00 PM

Definitely sewing room gremlins!
Old 01-17-2016, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Oh, the 'safe place'--I wonder how many of those I have !!!! Good Luck with your search.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

Everything happens in order to make better things happen. Enjoy using your stash!
peace
Old 01-17-2016, 09:04 PM

This happens to me all the time -- when we moved, as we were packing, I found the duplicate books (because I bought a new one when I couldn't find the first), multiple rulers and templates and all manner of other stuff that was in some safe place. You guessed it -- now I am lucky if I can find what I need (I still have a lot of unpacking to do, but I really want to quilt so I am trying to make do with what I can find.)
Old 01-18-2016, 04:58 AM

Perfectly understandable. I'm sure it will turn up when you're not looking for it - that is what happens to me all the time and is happening to me right now! Frustrating but guess we need to hang in there.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:13 AM

Actually it isn't gone. It's in stasis in another dimension and will reappear when you least expect it. If you don't grab it when it does reappear, it will disappear again and trying to remember where you saw it will be futile.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:56 PM

I bought a new machine five years ago and was keeping the manual right where I could reach for it if needed. One day it just was not there or anywhere. I looked for months all over my sewing room and all the storage places under all the furniture and everywhere it could be but never found it. Two years later I picked up a large zip lock bag where I had patterns I had printed off the computer and started looking for a pattern and there right in the middle was my manual. I am bad about folding things up in fabric I am using and put it away with patterns or instructions folded up in it. If I get in a hurry to clean up and put things away I put away more than I plan to. Hope you find yours before to long.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:04 PM

I tried leaving cookies out- but the Imps won't take bribes. As soon as you buy the pattern the kit will magically appear. This is why we all have a shoebox of seam rippers!
Old 01-18-2016, 01:45 PM

What were you doing on Dec 15. I had the same thing happen to me and AFTER I re bought the pattern I found the originals in a bag from fabric shop where I had bought the facing to make the pattern. Good luck