Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ok does anyone else have this problem? >

ok does anyone else have this problem?

ok does anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-12-2010, 07:49 AM

Maybe if you aren't going to use those patterns, you all could post them and maybe sell them for less than you paid for them, at least someone might make the pattern, and give you a few dollars to buy some fabric.
Good luck with the ones you will make.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 AM

I have to organize my patterns too - they are everywhere!! :) The good thing about searching through stash and finding one that I had forgoten about is the enjoyment all over again!! I read through it and think about what fabrics would go with the design. The problem is not lack of creativity but time!! :( Too many ideas and not enough time to put them all together!! I so wish that I was faster at putting the ideas into motion all the way to completion!!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:24 PM

I've done the same thing with patterns and quilt magazines. I bought 6 magazines on Sunday only to come home and find out I already had 3 of them. How stupid is that? I'm going to have to start making a list of the ones I buy because when I get to Barnes & Noble, I forget everything when looking at magazines. They are so pretty and at my age, I forget which ones I've bought.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Grandmama Pat
I've done the same thing with patterns and quilt magazines. I bought 6 magazines on Sunday only to come home and find out I already had 3 of them. How stupid is that? I'm going to have to start making a list of the ones I buy because when I get to Barnes & Noble, I forget everything when looking at magazines. They are so pretty and at my age, I forget which ones I've bought.
LOL!! That has happened to me a few times!! Going to look at the quilting mags at the book store is like being in a candy & chocolate store!! :P
Old 10-13-2010, 02:26 PM

Gday, The good thing about doubling up on Mags is you don't feel so bad about ripping a page out of it for a pattern etc... cause you know that you will have one to keep for good. :)

Originally Posted by Grandmama Pat
Old 10-13-2010, 09:55 PM

and the catch is that if you have a pattern that someone else wants to make, you're not supposed to share it with them if it's copywrited. While I'm not arguing about the why of that, can't help but wonder how many of us have duplications? :o)
Old 10-13-2010, 11:14 PM

Yes, I can sympathize. I have two 3" binders full of them. Some day I'll , , , well, you know.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:17 AM

Have tons of patterns I haven't used but plan to some day:) Usually when I go to quilt shows, I buy patterns, but at least I don't buy any more fabric.

Geri
Old 10-14-2010, 05:51 AM

We travel full-time and magazines got to be a huge problem....it is so hard to throw any of them out but they do take up a lot of room . I have recently discovered e-magazines and think this might be my answer!! Easy to keep on the computer, easy to view and I can print anything I want. Now I have more room for fabric. Ahh life is good.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:53 AM

Same here.