Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up >

Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up

Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up

Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 AM

Oh wow..I think my list is endless. I just started quilting this past Nov, so I have plenty I want to make and plenty I want to try. ha ha ha... My list is to long to add to this post, as I think it would really bog now the site. ha ha ha
Old 04-05-2011, 05:01 AM

I have a notebook of quilt patterns that I want do and a stack of kits-I just finished making quilts for all of my son's new in-laws who live in Denmark- when I asked them for colors, they all wanted black and white--I asked them what color their rooms are painted-white! It was a struggle initially but now I'm hooked on black and white quilts and the quilts stores have huge collections now that they didn't have a year ago. I make a prayer quilt for someone almost once a month and I do those as the need arises. I want to do several quilts for Japanese disaster survivors, and the list goes on and on.........
Old 04-05-2011, 05:10 AM

Too funny, just the other day, I was thinking I should open a new topic here, titled, "My quilt bucket list." I wanted to see what everyone would put on it.

As my computer files grow, and my three ring binders bust out at the seams with patterns, the ones that keep rising to the "toppish" of my list are:

Bargello; OBW; something with batiks; red-white-blue to donate to annual vet's party at my school; Dresden plate; a quilt done in all whites, creams, and tans (saw one recently - it was so elegant it made me want to cry!); bird house wall hanging; scrappy spools; denim rag; New York Beauty; take long arm quilting class.

Thats the first paragraph! Now, what to do about my real job that keeps getting in the way...
Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 AM

me too!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:17 AM

Too many quilts and not enough time! I have so many I never know where to start. Right now I'm trying to use up strips that I cut from left over ends. I have one top done and one 2/3 done. Back to work!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:19 AM

I have lots of UFO's and like a nutcase I decided I needed to make Christmas quilts, for my 4 grown children, I have one on the quilter. I also have a twilling quilt in progress, a BOM Patriots in Petticoats, 10 minute block, and lots of others in totes that I have put out of my mind. And I am ordering more fabric to go with a kit I bought last year in Paducah..... and it goes on and on
Old 04-05-2011, 05:20 AM

I just saw one in quilt world that I really want to try, but first there is the one from the shop hopto put together.oh oh I have to finish the one for my newest great grand child,who will be born in a few days.Oh well tommor is another day.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:22 AM

My list is so long, but the main things I want to get done this year are 3 landscape quilts, 2 baby quilts, several tote bags, a Kindle case, and 3 seasonal table runners. This doesn't include the 2 block-of-the-month quilts i have ongoing, LOL.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 AM

You and me both!!!!!

Originally Posted by bjeriann
My list is so long it would be like a book. I keep looking at them and rearranging the order that I want to do them in. So maybe someday I'll get most of them done. The list gets longer and longer.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:33 AM

Don't forget there are men who quilt on the board too. LOL
Mine is a mariner's compass, live near seattle The Seattle Mariners.

Robert