Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it okay to lay my machine on it's side? >

Is it okay to lay my machine on it's side?

Is it okay to lay my machine on it's side?

Old 03-05-2019, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by bungalow59 View Post
I was directed Never lay my Pfaff on its side (for transport reasons) by both the dealer I purchased it from, and the certified repair person who does their service and maintenance. They explained the internal mechanism is designed in such a way that turning the machine on its side for extended periods may damage it.
I took them at their word, especially after what I spent on that machine.
Ya know what? I agree with bungalo59....if there is any question one way or the other about laying the machine on it's side, I would just not take a chance. Although many years ago I did have a machine that the cabinet layed the machine on it's side when you put it away, however that was when we didn't have these high tech computerized machines. The newer cabinets today....you push the machine straight down to store under cabinet on a level shelf so it is not on it's side. I just don't think I'd take a chance since my dealer and bungalo59's dealer even suggested not good for the machine on it's side because the lubricants inside could shift and do damage to other parts. Machines too expensive, why take a chance???
Old 03-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

I too thought of any oils in it moving. i took mine to Texas from Colorado but had it on the floorboards behind my drivers seat or the passenger one. can't remember now. had the hard cover over it and lots of luggage and three cats!